ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PPI calls on PDA

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

PPI calls on PDA

Post by deggyg »

Had one of them PPI calls today come through on my PDA, where on earth are they getting the numbers from?
Even after I explained that they've have called a works scanner he still tried to push his services.....anyone else had a call come through?
A2B
Posts: 2025
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: PPI calls on PDA

Post by A2B »

I had one last year, just put the PDA back in my pocket and walked on, surprised how long he carried on with the spiel :crazy:

Most networks reuse old mobile numbers so it could have been intended for a particular person or more likely just a random call :arrrghhh
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: PPI calls on PDA

Post by arnold cheshire »

deggyg wrote:Had one of them PPI calls today come through on my PDA, where on earth are they getting the numbers from?
Even after I explained that they've have called a works scanner he still tried to push his services.....anyone else had a call come through?
ignore them in not taking calls at work
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: PPI calls on PDA

Post by NewPostieUK »

I wouldn't know how to answer even if I knew what the ring sounded like.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: PPI calls on PDA

Post by TeeferTiger »

Each PDA has a mobile phone number. I made a list of them when I used to look after them. We used to get all sorts of text messages on them as well.

They just dial random numbers that (hopefully) aren't on the TPS list and I doubt RM have put all the PDA numbers onto a 'no cold calling' list anywhere.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: PPI calls on PDA

Post by greengiant »

almost as bizarre as getting a PPI automated message on a lift alarm system!