ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Induction day payment for travelling

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
scooter552
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 21:32
Gender: Male

Induction day payment for travelling

Post by scooter552 »

Hello everybody
I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I have looked but can't find it.
I'm new to the job interviewed for a 24 hour post but with agreement in interview changed to just a Saturday.
I worked last Saturday and have my induction in Peterborough tomorrow.
I will have to leave at 7am to get there for 9am. I know I will be paid a mileage allowance but will I be paid for the time spent travelling which in my case will be approx 4 hours in total.
Lastly how do I claim it.
Regards to one and all.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Induction day payment for travelling

Post by datasaint »

Claim 45p/mile. Your manager will put in a claim.