ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Annual leave purchase
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Annual leave purchase
Read somewhere on here that we can now purchase extra leave to make it up to 7 weeks. True or false and if true when does it come in as we are doing next yrs annual leave atm. Cheers.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Annual leave purchase
Interesting haven't heard that one before?
Mind you, they won't let me book the holiday time I have got let alone any extra. Unless of course I want a nice week in February!
Mind you, they won't let me book the holiday time I have got let alone any extra. Unless of course I want a nice week in February!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave purchase
Its upto 6 weeks I think. Basically its about 10 days purchase. Im parttime on 25hrs and pay 8.25 a week. I think that is normal???
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Annual leave purchase
How I am suppose to purchase it as I keep asking Managers to do it and they never seem to get it done. Is there another way ie HR office sheffield or whatever.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Annual leave purchase
See your book room staff/Or DOM Support, it has to be handed in by the end of February to get it the next year. It carries on till you cancel, leave RM, or reach your 20th anniversary (but you still pay it that year).Darren Bent wrote:How I am suppose to purchase it as I keep asking Managers to do it and they never seem to get it done. Is there another way ie HR office sheffield or whatever.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
paulthepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave purchase
I pay for the extra leave, and have donw since I've been here.
I thought it was six weeks as well. Has that now changed to seven weeks?.
I see something on here about the cwu negotiating this, or was it a rumour?.
I thought it was six weeks as well. Has that now changed to seven weeks?.
I see something on here about the cwu negotiating this, or was it a rumour?.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Re: Annual leave purchase
I also buy extra, no idea why as you can never get it off when you want it, still its nice to have week off in the middle of winter 
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave purchase
I'm sure there must be an efficient (and workable) system for sorting leave out. Listening to this forum nearly every DO seems to use some local system. Some work, many don't!
Most of my DO is really pissed off that they can't get a reasonable chance at some decent dates. We seem to have a Mafia of Whingers that spend a good chunk of the morning scanning down the leave forecast. Then they're of to the DOM ticking like meters and booking time off here and there.
The DOM (that we had at the time) just folds and books their time off. He doesn't even bother to check if other Posties are still owed holiday. (This may be partly their fault for not being in the office ticking about leave every bloody morning) However how difficult it is for a DOM to have a nominal roll and just tick Posties off when they've booked their 1st 2 weeks leave. Posties are off sick, working part time, working at other DOs or Satellite Offices. Or simply doing their job, IPS, Prepping second duties etc. instead of standing around the leave forecast with their diaries open. FFS!
Most of my DO is really pissed off that they can't get a reasonable chance at some decent dates. We seem to have a Mafia of Whingers that spend a good chunk of the morning scanning down the leave forecast. Then they're of to the DOM ticking like meters and booking time off here and there.
The DOM (that we had at the time) just folds and books their time off. He doesn't even bother to check if other Posties are still owed holiday. (This may be partly their fault for not being in the office ticking about leave every bloody morning) However how difficult it is for a DOM to have a nominal roll and just tick Posties off when they've booked their 1st 2 weeks leave. Posties are off sick, working part time, working at other DOs or Satellite Offices. Or simply doing their job, IPS, Prepping second duties etc. instead of standing around the leave forecast with their diaries open. FFS!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)