ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bosses delaying parcels on purpose.
-
Mortdike123
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 22:11
- Gender: Female
Bosses delaying parcels on purpose.
Is it illegal for my bosses to hide mail that should have been delivered yesterday. If so, what would likely happen if I put in a complaint?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Bosses delaying parcels on purpose.
Mortdike123 wrote:Is it illegal for my bosses to hide mail that should have been delivered yesterday. If so, what would likely happen if I put in a complaint?
It depends on the context - hiding mail is a criminal offence - its called delaying mail and the various Postal Acts covers it quite fully.
However, managers reporting a delivery failure and the reasons why is NOT a criminal offence. As long as they followed the correct processes there is no come back on them at all.
Therefore if you put a complaint in it would depend on what the manager had done. If they hadn't reported it then an investigation will be carried out and if criminal intent was suspected a prosecution would follow, at the very least the manager would be redeployed or dismissed. If they had done everything by the book then nothing would happen to them.
Don't forget that there is also a system in place for persistent and vexatious employees who put in pointless and egregious complaints - I only added this paragraph to present a full picture of what can happen from both sides.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.