ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
IHR Process
-
Morethan16KG
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 14:42
IHR Process
Has anyone had management suggest they go down IHR route ? Do you have to be off sick first ? Is it a long process to completion ?
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: IHR Process
TrueBlueTerrier » Today, 15:55
The agreement is here http://www.glosamal.co.uk/Docs/Group_Il" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... nt_200.pdf
12.3 Retirement on Ill Health Grounds with Lump Sum Payment
Where an employee has at least one year’s service and meets the criteria for retirement on ill health grounds with a lump sum compensation payment, a payment equivalent to 34 weeks’ pay will be made.
A deferred pension will also be payable to all pensionable employees.
2.7 Calculation and Payment of Lump Sum Payments
The pay to be used for calculating lump sum payments is the basic weekly or monthly wage/salary of the individual’s grade (i.e. the rate of pay that they would have been in receipt of but for sickness absence or leave purchase arrangements) on the date of retirement plus any personal reserved rights payment and geographical supplement (e.g. London/RRIS) where applicable. No other elements of ‘pay’ should be included. Confirmation of inclusive elements within basic pay is available from HR Services.
Employees who are ill health retired with a lump sum will receive the payments within seven days of the end of the notice period irrespective of any appeal that may be lodged, unless they opt to defer receipt pending an appeal. If they receive the money in advance of an appeal, they will be informed at the time of payment that they will be required to pay back the lump sum, in the event that the appeal is successful and they are subsequently re-employed or gain ill health retirement with immediate payment of pension.
12.8 Annual holidays and notice periods
12.8.1 In accordance with existing provisions Annual Holiday should be taken in the year which it is due. However, in the event that an individual is unable to take their holiday entitlement due to sickness it will carry forward to the following holiday year (subject to 12.8.4 below)
12.8.2 Individuals on long term sickness absence may, with appropriate notice, take any outstanding holiday entitlement that they have, and receive normal basic pay and assigned allowances for such days.
12.8.3 Contractual annual holidays cease to accrue once full and half rate sick pay has been exhausted. They are replaced by statutory leave entitlements.
12.8.4 Where ill health retirement is authorised, the notice period will be extended to cover pro-rata contractual pay due during the leave year plus up to 5 days’ carryover leave from the previous year if appropriate.
12.8.5 The arrangements outlined within this section take precedence over any other agreed arrangements for the taking of annual holiday.
The agreement is here http://www.glosamal.co.uk/Docs/Group_Il" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... nt_200.pdf
12.3 Retirement on Ill Health Grounds with Lump Sum Payment
Where an employee has at least one year’s service and meets the criteria for retirement on ill health grounds with a lump sum compensation payment, a payment equivalent to 34 weeks’ pay will be made.
A deferred pension will also be payable to all pensionable employees.
2.7 Calculation and Payment of Lump Sum Payments
The pay to be used for calculating lump sum payments is the basic weekly or monthly wage/salary of the individual’s grade (i.e. the rate of pay that they would have been in receipt of but for sickness absence or leave purchase arrangements) on the date of retirement plus any personal reserved rights payment and geographical supplement (e.g. London/RRIS) where applicable. No other elements of ‘pay’ should be included. Confirmation of inclusive elements within basic pay is available from HR Services.
Employees who are ill health retired with a lump sum will receive the payments within seven days of the end of the notice period irrespective of any appeal that may be lodged, unless they opt to defer receipt pending an appeal. If they receive the money in advance of an appeal, they will be informed at the time of payment that they will be required to pay back the lump sum, in the event that the appeal is successful and they are subsequently re-employed or gain ill health retirement with immediate payment of pension.
12.8 Annual holidays and notice periods
12.8.1 In accordance with existing provisions Annual Holiday should be taken in the year which it is due. However, in the event that an individual is unable to take their holiday entitlement due to sickness it will carry forward to the following holiday year (subject to 12.8.4 below)
12.8.2 Individuals on long term sickness absence may, with appropriate notice, take any outstanding holiday entitlement that they have, and receive normal basic pay and assigned allowances for such days.
12.8.3 Contractual annual holidays cease to accrue once full and half rate sick pay has been exhausted. They are replaced by statutory leave entitlements.
12.8.4 Where ill health retirement is authorised, the notice period will be extended to cover pro-rata contractual pay due during the leave year plus up to 5 days’ carryover leave from the previous year if appropriate.
12.8.5 The arrangements outlined within this section take precedence over any other agreed arrangements for the taking of annual holiday.
I won
-
Morethan16KG
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 14:42
Re: IHR Process
Great info.....thanks for that mate :)
-
Postie_since_1989
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 20 Oct 2013, 11:34
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR Process
Hi
I tried the link but it appears to be unavailable.
My situation is that I am awaiting an appointment with and ATOS doctor in 2 weeks time, I have actually requested IHR as I have been diagnosed with arthritis in a knee, as a a delivery postman there is no way I can continue my employment.
What I would like to know is whether there is such a thing as Ill Health Severance, rather than just IHR, it is possible that ATOS may claim that in the future I could find work albeit not in the type of job I currently have, and if so what is the criteria for assessing a financial payment?
I should stress that I would like to take early retirement at 55 anyway, having approximately 30 years pensionable service.
Any help would really be appreciated.
Thank You.
I tried the link but it appears to be unavailable.
My situation is that I am awaiting an appointment with and ATOS doctor in 2 weeks time, I have actually requested IHR as I have been diagnosed with arthritis in a knee, as a a delivery postman there is no way I can continue my employment.
What I would like to know is whether there is such a thing as Ill Health Severance, rather than just IHR, it is possible that ATOS may claim that in the future I could find work albeit not in the type of job I currently have, and if so what is the criteria for assessing a financial payment?
I should stress that I would like to take early retirement at 55 anyway, having approximately 30 years pensionable service.
Any help would really be appreciated.
Thank You.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: IHR Process
sometimes copying and pasting links is a bit hit and miss - here is my original link http://www.glosamal.co.uk/Docs/Group_Il ... nt_200.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR Process
There are two types of Ill Health Retirement:Postie_since_1989 wrote:Hi
I tried the link but it appears to be unavailable.
My situation is that I am awaiting an appointment with and ATOS doctor in 2 weeks time, I have actually requested IHR as I have been diagnosed with arthritis in a knee, as a a delivery postman there is no way I can continue my employment.
What I would like to know is whether there is such a thing as Ill Health Severance, rather than just IHR, it is possible that ATOS may claim that in the future I could find work albeit not in the type of job I currently have, and if so what is the criteria for assessing a financial payment?
I should stress that I would like to take early retirement at 55 anyway, having approximately 30 years pensionable service.
Any help would really be appreciated.
Thank You.
1) IHR with lump sum.
2) IHR with immediate payment of pension.
If you’re given the first option you are just deemed to be incapable of doing your current job, there is nothing stopping you from getting employment elsewhere. I know of someone who got IHR from RM and got himself another job 2 weeks later.
The second option is only usually given if you’re deemed to never be able to work again in any form.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR Process
Yep I was advised my management to go for IHR after my hip operation...they sorted it out for me...I had the phone conversation with Atos the one day then got the offer the following day....I left on the Saturday and started my new job on the MondayMorethan16KG wrote:Has anyone had management suggest they go down IHR route ? Do you have to be off sick first ? Is it a long process to completion ?
-
Morethan16KG
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 14:42
Re: IHR Process
Encouraging.......going to go the IHR route. Wear & tear issues hampering me doing job. Performance being questioned by managers too
-
Postie_since_1989
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 20 Oct 2013, 11:34
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR Process
Thank you, it worked this time. From what I see the ultimate decision while based on the ATOS report, will be at the discretion of my DOM.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:sometimes copying and pasting links is a bit hit and miss - here is my original link http://www.glosamal.co.uk/Docs/Group_Il ... nt_200.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Morethan16KG
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 14:42
Re: IHR Process
Do you generally have to go sick first ? I've already had OH Assist interview
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: IHR Process
If expected to take more than nine months to recover the ihr is pretty certain.
Obviously only "go sick" on doctors advice.
You've a few choices but all depends on actual diagnosis and your priorities.
6 month full pay six months half then zero,or redeployed within RM.
Or ihr.
Going sick makes it easier for a manager to decide as they need to know their staffing levels and budget costs etc.
Obviously only "go sick" on doctors advice.
You've a few choices but all depends on actual diagnosis and your priorities.
6 month full pay six months half then zero,or redeployed within RM.
Or ihr.
Going sick makes it easier for a manager to decide as they need to know their staffing levels and budget costs etc.
I won
-
Morethan16KG
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 14:42
Re: IHR Process
knee issues.....ligament wormn in left knee, degeneratiove wear & tear issues,...and a few lesser aches etc. I am still attending, but it is a struggle. Getting questioned about performance too
-
bobthepostie
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR Process
Oh i know that feeling oh so well. Everyday is a struggle to get round my duty. Popping codeine like m+m's. Can't go over most days due to the pain so like yourself performance now getting questioned.Morethan16KG wrote:knee issues.....ligament wormn in left knee, degeneratiove wear & tear issues,...and a few lesser aches etc. I am still attending, but it is a struggle. Getting questioned about performance too
-
alliasjay
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 10:14
- Gender: Male
Re: IHR Process
I don't think anything worth mashing yourself up for, especially when there's no appreciation.