I have worked for the royal mail for nearly 6 weeks now. It's been alright overall, not brilliant.
However since week two I have been owed overtime from the first week. So I've enquired 3 times and the managers have told me to basically speak to someone else. So finally today I spoke to someone who works with pay. It took 40 minutes routing through old paper time sheets and lots of umms and arrrs. Then they said they would 'trust me' just this once that I hadn't been paid it.
It might sound like a trivial matter, however they couldn't have made the experience anymore unpleasant if they tried.
Anyone else had this issue?
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
pay
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: pay
Expect to experience this unpleasant experience almost every time you make an overtime claim. It's not a trivial matter, and you'll soon come to resent the scumbag overlords who steal money you've earned to further their chances of a larger bonus payment.chillout1571 wrote:I have worked for the royal mail for nearly 6 weeks now. It's been alright overall, not brilliant.
However since week two I have been owed overtime from the first week. So I've enquired 3 times and the managers have told me to basically speak to someone else. So finally today I spoke to someone who works with pay. It took 40 minutes routing through old paper time sheets and lots of umms and arrrs. Then they said they would 'trust me' just this once that I hadn't been paid it.
It might sound like a trivial matter, however they couldn't have made the experience anymore unpleasant if they tried.
Anyone else had this issue?
Thanks
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: pay
They seem to have a terrible attitude about a lot of things. It's almost like they go out of their way to make anything you request as painful as possible. I'm dreading reminding them about my pre-booked holiday at the end of this month. They were arsey about one day.
-
alliasjay
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 10:14
- Gender: Male
Re: pay
Take a picture of the overtime sheet once it's been signed off each time you do overtime. There's your proof ;) I've had that issue many times. They still owe me a full days pay since a few months back, wish I had taken my own advice at the time >.< Live and learn
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: pay
good idea, never thought of thatalliasjay wrote:Take a picture of the overtime sheet once it's been signed off each time you do overtime. There's your proof ;) I've had that issue many times. They still owe me a full days pay since a few months back, wish I had taken my own advice at the time >.< Live and learn
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Re: pay
This was so much easier when we had a sheet for the entire week each, rather than a sheet for the entire office each day!alliasjay wrote:Take a picture of the overtime sheet once it's been signed off each time you do overtime. There's your proof ;) I've had that issue many times. They still owe me a full days pay since a few months back, wish I had taken my own advice at the time >.< Live and learn