ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MRM.COM:Valley D O celebrate 1,000 days no time lost accidents

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

MRM.COM:Valley D O celebrate 1,000 days no time lost accidents

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2015/09/safe-and-sound" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Valley delivery office in the North East celebrated 1,000 days with no lost time accidents this month

The 84-person unit, led by delivery office manager Graham Clarey, is also one of the leading units for engagement with consistent scores of around 80.

Graham said: ‘We talk to our people all the time, addressing their concerns and acting quickly to deal with any potential hazards.’

‘You can only make it a place where people really want to come to work by making sure it’s a safe environment.’

Graham is assisted by union rep Win Fairley, dedicated safety rep Mandy Steele and work area manager Adrian Parker, with the whole team passionate about ensuring colleagues avoid injury.

‘We are good at listening and taking action – that’s how you build trust,’ he added
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
oypostie
Posts: 915
Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39

Re: MRM:Valley D O celebrate 1,000 days no time lost acciden

Post by oypostie »

Must have the best behaved dogs in the country !!
or could it be that the accidents never get put on the system. No accidents ion three years hmmm :whistle
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:Valley D O celebrate 1,000 days no time lost acciden

Post by Hitcher »

Hundreds of incidents though!
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: MRM:Valley D O celebrate 1,000 days no time lost acciden

Post by postslippete »

I would like at least 3 loops taken off my delivery today if you please Mr manager because I will be using my trolley AND my post slip peg, which I will need for delivering to every other house. Also, I am unable to walk too fast as I am avoiding potential hazards like dog turds down the street which may result in a potential slip and trip. Must also be very wary of that Siberian Husky looking thing that now tends to wander round from time to time. Maybe the owner can't be bothered to walk his dog so he just lets it loose so that it can walk itself. It would also be nice to have a police escort on hand for when I am emptying the pillar box too, as I feel like I am going to be raped and pillaged by a load of drunken louts swilling tenants super strength lager on the street corner.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.