ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Rugby World Cup D2D this week?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mezza
Posts: 405
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
Location: West London

Rugby World Cup D2D this week?

Post by Mezza »

Been told in our DO that this Thursday we will have a Rugby World Cup D2D from Sun Newspaper to deliver. Anyone heard about this?

I saw the LTB last month about a bespoke D2D item scheduled for Sept 29th for some areas, but have haven't heard anything else and obviously the dates would be wrong if it was for this.

Some duties in my DO already have 4 contracts for next week, one of which is about 14 bundles per duty. Gonna be a fun week if this Rugby D2D is coming in as well.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?

Post by arnold cheshire »

Who watches rugby?
thecompletepackage
Posts: 79
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
Gender: Male

Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?

Post by thecompletepackage »

Ha ha! The only benefit of a 4 day week - I don't work Wednesdays or Thursdays!! I presume they'll have to be delivered to every call on that day? Ouch!
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?

Post by Shaders »

Thats ok, means finish time will come even quicker :Very Happy
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?

Post by BeamishStout »

Mezza wrote:Been told in our DO that this Thursday we will have a Rugby World Cup D2D from Sun Newspaper to deliver. Anyone heard about this?

I saw the LTB last month about a bespoke D2D item scheduled for Sept 29th for some areas, but have haven't heard anything else and obviously the dates would be wrong if it was for this.

Some duties in my DO already have 4 contracts for next week, one of which is about 14 bundles per duty. Gonna be a fun week if this Rugby D2D is coming in as well.
I asked the union rep today and mentioned that the LTB said summat about a contract to deliver an item weighing 20 grams next week But not to be delivered on Monday ??? WTF). Looks about the right weight for an 8-page freebie. Hope I am wrong. Anyone else shed any concrete information on this?
piranha
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 496
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
Gender: Male

Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?

Post by piranha »

thecompletepackage wrote:Ha ha! The only benefit of a 4 day week - I don't work Wednesdays or Thursdays!! I presume they'll have to be delivered to every call on that day? Ouch!
What?! I want a transfer :pray
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

BeamishStout wrote:I asked the union rep today and mentioned that the LTB said summat about a contract to deliver an item weighing 20 grams next week But not to be delivered on Monday ??? WTF). Looks about the right weight for an 8-page freebie. Hope I am wrong. Anyone else shed any concrete information on this?
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=71011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Mezza
Posts: 405
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
Location: West London

Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?

Post by Mezza »

Doesn't look like the rumour about a Rugby D2D this Thursday was correct after all.
Perhaps wires getting crossed with the LTB regarding the bespoke item for the 29th.
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

Re: Rugby World Cup D2D this week?

Post by BeamishStout »

Thanks for clearing this up :nana