ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Notice Period
-
sessle
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 01 Mar 2015, 14:53
- Gender: Female
Notice Period
How much leave notice is required now for weekly paid postie to give?
The contract I have states a weeks notice but it's a pretty old one!
Cheers in advance!
The contract I have states a weeks notice but it's a pretty old one!
Cheers in advance!
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
Re: Notice Period
It's still 1 week.
-
RoyalSlave69
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Notice Period
Are we allowed to say what date we want to leave? So if I give three weeks notice but state my last working day.
-
sessle
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 01 Mar 2015, 14:53
- Gender: Female
Re: Notice Period
Ok, do we still have holiday rights, as I've actually got a weeks holiday the week that the notice would be worked out on. It's accrued holiday so entitled to have it, or does it have to be worked?
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Notice Period
RoyalSlave69 wrote:Are we allowed to say what date we want to leave? So if I give three weeks notice but state my last working day.
I just did that, they accepted it fine.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Notice Period
If you have accrued it then yes you can take it, in fact the way you are doing it - 3 weeks notice and 1 weeks leave at the end, is probably the way they would prefer it. Plenty of notice and less leave to pay back.sessle wrote:Ok, do we still have holiday rights, as I've actually got a weeks holiday the week that the notice would be worked out on. It's accrued holiday so entitled to have it, or does it have to be worked?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
RoyalSlave69
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Notice Period
If i leave in September and have already taken all my annual leave, how would Royal Mail claim back the unearned holiday pay? Just need to prepare myself!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Notice Period
RoyalSlave69 wrote:If i leave in September and have already taken all my annual leave, how would Royal Mail claim back the unearned holiday pay? Just need to prepare myself!
By taking it out of your pay and sending you a bill for the rest. You will probably be working for nothing if you only give them a weeks notice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
RoyalSlave69
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Notice Period
What's the best way to give your notice? Just tell the manager or hand in a letter?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Notice Period
RoyalSlave69 wrote:What's the best way to give your notice? Just tell the manager or hand in a letter?
Both are acceptable, but a letter with a finish date on it is best for all concerned as it avoids confusion.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Silly Sarah
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 May 2010, 22:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: wild west
Re: Notice Period
Always put it in writing and keep a copy.RoyalSlave69 wrote:What's the best way to give your notice? Just tell the manager or hand in a letter?
What have I done to deserve this?
-
allermuir82
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 18:56
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
If you were on a weeks annual leave could you hand your notice in on the Monday? (first day of holiday) or are you required to work a weeks notice?
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
YOU would need to hand it in on YOUR last working day of the week prior to your leave week. So if you were off on the saturday just before your leave week, hand it in on the friday, otherwise just had it in on the saturday. 
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
dont forget if you can hang around to october 15 you keep the bulk of your shares (if you have them) from the first issue, the cash out value should be around £2200
-
2214MN
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
I have a new job starting 31st October, when is best to hand in my notice, would handing my notice in before the 15th mean I lose the shares or only if I left the company completely before that date?Postie45 wrote:dont forget if you can hang around to october 15 you keep the bulk of your shares (if you have them) from the first issue, the cash out value should be around £2200