ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
I'm leaving the company in just over a week and just to be a little bit awkward I've decided to hand in my notice so my last day is bank holiday Monday which is also my day off. Now I expect to be credited with a day in lieu and then to be paid but the management don't want this but I feel it's tough sh**. Spoke to HR they said I will be credited although management are saying because I'm not working the rest of the week it does to count, they said my last day will be Saturday as it's the end of the working week, I'm under the impression I can hand in my notice to leave on whichever day of the week I choose as long as I give at least a weeks notice.
Anyone help give me some more ammo?
Anyone help give me some more ammo?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
If you have done it in writing then as far as I am aware you specify your last date of employment not them.
For instance. Dear DOM. With all due respect and consideration I am officially informing you that I wish to exercise my right to give you 1 weeks notice. Therefore in line with my contract please be advised my last date of employment will be 31 August 2015.
http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1650" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ACAS say.
For instance. Dear DOM. With all due respect and consideration I am officially informing you that I wish to exercise my right to give you 1 weeks notice. Therefore in line with my contract please be advised my last date of employment will be 31 August 2015.
http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1650" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ACAS say.
which reads to me that whoever gives the notice, you or them, is the one that gives the last date of service.An employment contract can be terminated at any time by either party, it could be a resignation or dismissal, redundancy or retirement. For a notice to be effective it should be in writing and specify the date of termination
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
Yep I know you're right TBT. Yep all done in writing I just know they don't want to pay up because they won't actually be getting any work out of me that week. I know I can leave any day of the week my notice gives.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
why should you get paid a day in lieu when all you would have worked is 8 hrs that week ?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
how many days annual leave have you took ?coxie wrote:I'm leaving the company in just over a week and just to be a little bit awkward I've decided to hand in my notice so my last day is bank holiday Monday which is also my day off. Now I expect to be credited with a day in lieu and then to be paid but the management don't want this but I feel it's tough sh**. Spoke to HR they said I will be credited although management are saying because I'm not working the rest of the week it does to count, they said my last day will be Saturday as it's the end of the working week, I'm under the impression I can hand in my notice to leave on whichever day of the week I choose as long as I give at least a weeks notice.
Anyone help give me some more ammo?
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
Because bank holidays are not linked to any bonus incentive where you have to complete the week to qualify. I'm only doing it cos they are going to get £3,000 worth of shares back out of me. Fact is if it wasn't a bank holiday or my day off they would expect me to work wouldn't they?
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
arnold cheshire wrote:how many days annual leave have you took ?coxie wrote:I'm leaving the company in just over a week and just to be a little bit awkward I've decided to hand in my notice so my last day is bank holiday Monday which is also my day off. Now I expect to be credited with a day in lieu and then to be paid but the management don't want this but I feel it's tough sh**. Spoke to HR they said I will be credited although management are saying because I'm not working the rest of the week it does to count, they said my last day will be Saturday as it's the end of the working week, I'm under the impression I can hand in my notice to leave on whichever day of the week I choose as long as I give at least a weeks notice.
Anyone help give me some more ammo?
They owe me 3 days which I'm taking next week
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
? im lostcoxie wrote:arnold cheshire wrote:how many days annual leave have you took ?coxie wrote:I'm leaving the company in just over a week and just to be a little bit awkward I've decided to hand in my notice so my last day is bank holiday Monday which is also my day off. Now I expect to be credited with a day in lieu and then to be paid but the management don't want this but I feel it's tough sh**. Spoke to HR they said I will be credited although management are saying because I'm not working the rest of the week it does to count, they said my last day will be Saturday as it's the end of the working week, I'm under the impression I can hand in my notice to leave on whichever day of the week I choose as long as I give at least a weeks notice.
Anyone help give me some more ammo?
They owe me 3 days which I'm taking next week
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
I'm working Monday and Tuesday next week then using 3 days annual leave until Friday and then it's my long weekend and just to be awkward I handed in my notice for the following Monday which is bank holiday and still my long weekend.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
how many days leave have you taken ?coxie wrote:I'm working Monday and Tuesday next week then using 3 days annual leave until Friday and then it's my long weekend and just to be awkward I handed in my notice for the following Monday which is bank holiday and still my long weekend.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
Don't know but I've got 3 days to take until my leaving date it's all worked out I owe them nothing and they owe me nothing except maybe a bank holiday lieu day lol.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
how can you not know ?coxie wrote:Don't know but I've got 3 days to take until my leaving date it's all worked out I owe them nothing and they owe me nothing except maybe a bank holiday lieu day lol.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
We'll I don't count, it doesn't matter how many i have taken, it's all been worked out that I've got 3 days left, so what I've had up until now is irrelevant
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
holidays are earned 2.5 days a month for a 20 year service postiecoxie wrote:We'll I don't count, it doesn't matter how many i have taken, it's all been worked out that I've got 3 days left, so what I've had up until now is irrelevant
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Wonder if anyone can answer this tricky one.
Yes but what I'm saying is it doesn't matter, it's all been worked out what I've taken and how much I have left to take, all done on the system and up to the day I leave I have 3 days annual leave left.