ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

IHR query

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
alliasjay
Posts: 39
Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 10:14
Gender: Male

IHR query

Post by alliasjay »

Greetings.

Just wondering if there's any general time scale on when this kind of thing could be offered?

I've been off for a few months and I don't feel that I would be returning anytime soon, if at all.

I feel that IHR would be the most suitable course of action as it would give me the time to sort myself out without having to worry about
the stresses and pressures of management. Have had several OH assist meetings now they have requested medical information which I don't mind.

I had mentioned it to OH assist the first time, but they just wanted to get me back to work as fast as possible, regardless of if I feel I am ready.

Many thanks for your time.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: IHR query

Post by spiderj »

Oh assist can suggest it but if you feel its right for you,suggest it.

Timescales..

Injured and other issues diagnosed Feb,out by June.
I won
gargoyle900
Posts: 6
Joined: 13 May 2011, 12:58
Gender: Male

Re: IHR query

Post by gargoyle900 »

I simply let my Dom know that I was interested in taking ihr, he let oh assist know, they rang me last Monday for an interview over the phone, the outcome was I was a good case for ihr, by friday the money was in my bank. They don't mess about !
alliasjay
Posts: 39
Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 10:14
Gender: Male

Re: IHR query

Post by alliasjay »

wow... yeah that is fast. Hope its worked out for you guys so far.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: IHR query

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Depending on what is wrong with you ihr is normally only offered if in the opinion of OH assist that you will not be able to perform your duties in the long term, you may find that if your illness or injury is considered a disability that they may offer you alternative employment instead of ihr, unfortunately just because you may want ihr doesn't necessarily mean you will be offered it
Wuku
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 21
Joined: 15 Feb 2012, 20:25
Gender: Male

Re: IHR query

Post by Wuku »

I had been off several months before being offered IHR, but once the offer came, took about two weeks until it was completed.
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Re: IHR query

Post by postman nel »

I had an operation on my hip ..informed the office I would be off work for a number of weeks got referred to Atos ,had a half hour phone interview with them ..was offered IHR the next day..the day after my sick note expired the money was in the bank...haven't looked back since :Very Happy
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: IHR query

Post by TeeferTiger »

I was off for 11 months before being IHRd. Was offered IHR after about 8 months off.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Silly Sarah
Posts: 112
Joined: 06 May 2010, 22:13
Gender: Female
Location: wild west

Re: IHR query

Post by Silly Sarah »

I've just received my IHR final payment. Unfortunately the pay slip does not give the figures to show how the amounts were calculated. I understand IHR gives you 34 weeks and I've been with RM just over 7 years which I believe entitles me to 9 years PILON. Are the calculations made on just basic pay or does it include Area and Delivery Supplement. Is annual leave owed calculated from the day you leave or is it calculated at the end of your notice period?
What have I done to deserve this?
alliasjay
Posts: 39
Joined: 19 Mar 2012, 10:14
Gender: Male

Re: IHR query

Post by alliasjay »

Did you not have a sit down with your dom to see the figures? Thought that was part of the process.
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: IHR query

Post by bogstandard »

alliasjay wrote:Did you not have a sit down with your dom to see the figures? Thought that was part of the process.
The figures are irrelevant once you have been considered to be a suitable candidate for IHR, i'm not saying it's impossible to stop the process just very difficult.

My understanding is that the individual concerned is and has been off on the sick for some time and while they will recover and would be able to resume perhaps a range of "normal" duties this is envisaged to be some quite time away. This amount of time is deemed unacceptable to RM hence IHR. Another reason could be that you require adjustments to your duty that are deemed to be unreasonable. They are not saying you cannot go to work elsewhere, the very next day in some cases, just that you cannot remain at RM.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP