Is there such a thing in Royal Mail?.
My mother is in Hospital she's 85 suffers from Dementia and has a chest infection which has knocked her for 6,they've sorted that out but is not responding to Physio to get her up and about so the Physio has asked me to go in to give her some encouragement and someone to relate to,what are the chances?.
Cheers Bryan.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Compassionate leave
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Compassionate leave
You almost certainly wouldn't get paid compassionate leave for what is a non-emergency situation, you'll probably be told to use your leave allocation or might be able to get unpaid special leave.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Compassionate leave
Wacko is correct, my Dad had a stroke recently and is now undergoing physio, I go up after work for an hour or two. Makes for long days but we must do what we must do.
I did get Special leave when he was struck and the Bosses are willing to give me help on busy days but I can't get special leave as its not an emergency.
I did get Special leave when he was struck and the Bosses are willing to give me help on busy days but I can't get special leave as its not an emergency.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
salomon
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Compassionate leave
Hopefully you have a permanent contract as on a temporary contract if you want to take unpaid leave to take care of a family member, you'll be shown the door!
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Compassionate leave
Good luck...I asked for a Saturday off because I was getting married was originally told no but decided to take it further and eventually after a lot of phone calls and emails they changed their mind and give me the day off.. 