ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Oh assist help
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Oh assist help
I got a phone call from oh assist physician and after the call it was agreed that I would be doing amended dutys consisting of 5 hours indoors with a 5 minute rest every hour. Management are trying to say this means I can do a full duty as normal. The doctor was clear this was not the case to me. Can I contact the oh assist doctor to clarify this. Any help would be appreciated .
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Oh assist help
If you have their report it would say 5 hours aith a 5 minute break every hour as you've said. As you disagree with RM's interpretation get your rep involved and don't do it till it's resolved to your satiafaction.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist help
Did all that this morning . What makes me laugh is that I'm doing everything possible to stay at work and have followed all procedures but management are seemingly going out of their way to make me go off sick.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Oh assist help
As long as u got copy of report stick to it mate.
They will try and pressure you but ignore it,just the usual bully boy tactics.
They will try and pressure you but ignore it,just the usual bully boy tactics.
I won
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist help
I'm waiting on the full report myself and so are they. All they got was a short e-mail with the basics but we will see. I know what the doctor said because he said it clearly. It just makes me mad that they can try and take chances with people's health through either ignorance or incompetence.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Oh assist help
Managerial word blindness.
They see the policy of "Assisting the employee back to full employment as soon as practicable as it aids recovery" - a noble and worthwhile cause but read it as "Get the employee back to their full duty as soon as possible, as its aids the budget". Not all managers do this, but there are enough around that make it seem like RM Policy. Its the old Leadership argument. Those that can't lead, manage.
They see the policy of "Assisting the employee back to full employment as soon as practicable as it aids recovery" - a noble and worthwhile cause but read it as "Get the employee back to their full duty as soon as possible, as its aids the budget". Not all managers do this, but there are enough around that make it seem like RM Policy. Its the old Leadership argument. Those that can't lead, manage.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist help
I will stick to my guns.i also will require the line manager and Dom to sign a letter stating that's their interpretation of the e-mail (not the actual report). And when I go off sick again at the stage review me and the rep will state with all the evidence that they ignoredand their own medical people's advice twice which has resulted in my condition worsening. All I wanted was a bit of support to keep me at work really.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp