ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Achilles pain with new footwear...
-
Cowdenpostie
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 22 Nov 2008, 19:59
- Gender: Male
Achilles pain with new footwear...
Do any of you have pain in your Achilles' tendons since wearing the YDS and Anvil footwear?. I've had pain for the last 8 months or so, but, have no option to wear these unless I start wearing my own - never had problems before and this was around the time I started wearing the new shoes so putting 2 + 2 together - and Achilles pain is a hard thing to heal and rectify... cheers...
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Achilles pain with new footwear...
Have you thought about changing the insoles in the yads / anvil tractions? You can get insoles which will give a bit more support from the likes of boots the chemist. Worth a try?
-
Dan2000
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 19:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Achilles pain with new footwear...
Ask for alternative footwear if not suitable you can claim money towards your own shoes but they must be suitable
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Achilles pain with new footwear...
You must have a doctors note though.Dan2000 wrote:Ask for alternative footwear if not suitable you can claim money towards your own shoes but they must be suitable
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Achilles pain with new footwear...
anvil are the worst for me
-
BigRed2277
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 06 May 2009, 14:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Achilles pain with new footwear...
I've been a postie for 18 years and the anvil shoes are the worst shoes I've had. They kill my ankles. Boss has reorded me yads
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Achilles pain with new footwear...
Didn't get along with YDS or Anvils. Magnums are the comfiest but they are a little heavier and less breathable.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Achilles pain with new footwear...
The YDS and Anvils are both very heavy shoes and no doubt longer-lasting than the old Cats. But they are hellishly hard on the foot. I took the YDS insoles out and replaced with gel ones, slightly better. The Cats were very light and springy and the best I wore at RM but they just wore out too fast.
-
kingeric
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Achilles pain with new footwear...
Almost everyone on our office has some sort of foot pain or ankle pain at the minute. Yet when we had CATS there were very few problems. I've tried anvils and yds. Yds are the lesser evil but still cause me problems.
Are they testing new footwear and if so when are we likely to see it? Or are we stuck with this crap?
Are they testing new footwear and if so when are we likely to see it? Or are we stuck with this crap?
-
Cowdenpostie
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 22 Nov 2008, 19:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Achilles pain with new footwear...
I don't hear are anyone else in my office complaining about the footwear, so I must be unique in having problems lol - I would like to wear my own footwear, but, unsure what to get, I'm guessing some sort of lightweight walking shoe or boots? Any advice welcome cheers...
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Achilles pain with new footwear...
I had the same dreadful pains with the YDS/Anvil designs, so had to resort to the Doc Martin's as an alternative. I've found these extremely comfortable, once broken in. How you break them in of course can produce some of the legendary stories of working within Royal Mail, remembered for a lifetime.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Achilles pain with new footwear...
had the yds and fine, they wore out but could only get the anvils, 2nd week and they crippled me
so dug my old yds out, more tread on an arfur daley car tyre but still comfy.
so dug my old yds out, more tread on an arfur daley car tyre but still comfy.
-
indurain
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 10 Jan 2014, 00:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Achilles pain with new footwear...
I have terrible knees/ankles anyway but the anvil shoes have given me a lot of Achilles pain since I started doing a longer round again