ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Who is wearing coats in this Weather?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ossie From Preston
Posts: 148
Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Who is wearing coats in this Weather?

Post by Ossie From Preston »

One guy came in today with a stormproof under his arm two more went out on duty with fleeces on. Total 3 in my office and out of about 50 posties only about 15 in shorts.
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: Who is wearing coats in this Weather?

Post by SWIM »

yes, there's a nutter in my office who wears fleece 365 days a year! :crazy: :crazy: :arrrghhh
'deal of the century' - dingo
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Who is wearing coats in this Weather?

Post by 5plusbonusball »

I actually got wet today during the heatwave but I dried before I put my fleece on. Need as many pockets as poss though.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: Who is wearing coats in this Weather?

Post by comeracing »

I would deliver only in my new sexy thongs if I was aload :dance
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Who is wearing coats in this Weather?

Post by aiden01 »

comeracing wrote:I would deliver only in my new sexy thongs if I was aload :dance
what,s in them aload of what :hmmmm
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Who is wearing coats in this Weather?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I ALWAYS take my waterproofs with me in the van....even on a Hot day..........Because I don't want to offend the Mail God! Most days it works, but you know the day you leave them behind....it pisses down! :d'oh!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Who is wearing coats in this Weather?

Post by General Mannerheim »

Ossie From Preston wrote:One guy came in today with a stormproof under his arm two more went out on duty with fleeces on. Total 3 in my office and out of about 50 posties only about 15 in shorts.

Why is it a requirement now to wear shorts? :roll: :cuppa
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
manboss
Posts: 110
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 15:55
Gender: Male

Re: Who is wearing coats in this Weather?

Post by manboss »

I wore my beanie the other day as i'd forgot my cap, funnily enough, I felt cooler wearing that than the cap.