Like most of you I recently received my invitation to the AGM. I won't be going as I have a previous engagement...At Work!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postie Sharehoders Block Vote.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Postie Sharehoders Block Vote.
At one time, before we all became "shareholders", it was suggested that the Union should organise a system whereby we could use all our votes (as Shareholders) to influence the Out comings of the AGM.
Like most of you I recently received my invitation to the AGM. I won't be going as I have a previous engagement...At Work!
(Although I do like the section about making sure you take annual leave with the agreement of your manager if you wish to attend).TBH it kind of sticks in my throat to vote in any of these idiots as Directors. Wouldn't it be nice if you could vote Moya out? As it stands it'll probably be "File 13"! 
Like most of you I recently received my invitation to the AGM. I won't be going as I have a previous engagement...At Work!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Postie Sharehoders Block Vote.
I understand the emotions here, but vote her out for whom? All you'll get is another 7-figured/bonused incumbent to moan about instead, maybe brought in with even bigger 'market rate' salary/share package demands. Then the beefing will continue unabated as before. At the end of the day the main concern of the Chair seems to be a continual battle with the unelected inepts at OFCOM that want to have illogical enforced competition where none would naturally exist and create a race to the bottom which will doom us all. In that she seems to do what's expected.Dorset Plodder wrote:At one time, before we all became "shareholders", it was suggested that the Union should organise a system whereby we could use all our votes (as Shareholders) to influence the Out comings of the AGM.
Like most of you I recently received my invitation to the AGM. I won't be going as I have a previous engagement...At Work!(Although I do like the section about making sure you take annual leave with the agreement of your manager if you wish to attend).TBH it kind of sticks in my throat to vote in any of these idiots as Directors. Wouldn't it be nice if you could vote Moya out? As it stands it'll probably be "File 13"!
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Postie Sharehoders Block Vote.
Vote no for everything, makes you feel very slightly better but is ultimately futile.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Postie Sharehoders Block Vote.
I see your point Busted. However I have no idea who any of these idiots are. It could be a case of "Turkeys voting for Christmas"!
Rather than registering a Protest Vote, surely it would be better to have a Block vote to support a candidate that was more supportive of the Employees Interests?
That was what my original post was about. The CWU is sure to know more about these candidate's agendas than Postman Pat.
With enough support surely it should be possible to put forward a CWU candidate and get them voted onto the board?
Anyway that's enough thinking for me for the day!
Rather than registering a Protest Vote, surely it would be better to have a Block vote to support a candidate that was more supportive of the Employees Interests?
That was what my original post was about. The CWU is sure to know more about these candidate's agendas than Postman Pat.
With enough support surely it should be possible to put forward a CWU candidate and get them voted onto the board?
Anyway that's enough thinking for me for the day!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Postie Sharehoders Block Vote.
Dorset Plodder wrote:I see your point Busted. However I have no idea who any of these idiots are. It could be a case of "Turkeys voting for Christmas"!![]()
Rather than registering a Protest Vote, surely it would be better to have a Block vote to support a candidate that was more supportive of the Employees Interests?
That was what my original post was about. The CWU is sure to know more about these candidate's agendas than Postman Pat.
With enough support surely it should be possible to put forward a CWU candidate and get them voted onto the board?
Anyway that's enough thinking for me for the day!
I have no argument with that, if it were possible. After all together we are a significant part of the shareholders.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Postie Sharehoders Block Vote.
would like to see a postal worker and cwu on board to balance out things.