ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Have your say
-
Whysoslowyehcfc
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
- Gender: Male
Have your say
Still no results, looks like Royal Mail are having trouble putting their usual spin on it, results must be the worst ever
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Have your say
same here I wonder why ? maybe theres that much s**t swept under the carpet that they cant sweep this under. 
-
pants123
Re: Have your say
The results are that bad and damaging to the business, they cannot release the results...
Maybe it might make them think, treating your employees like dog s h i t, does not make the business more efficient and employees working better for the business...

Maybe it might make them think, treating your employees like dog s h i t, does not make the business more efficient and employees working better for the business...
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Have your say
Dick Branson's got the right idea. I wish I was a fvcking pilot.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Have your say
HYS survey is simply a list of closed questions - agree, strongly agree, disagree
Its designed this way so that they can compile the more positive selections and put them forward like 74% of you say that this company works safely, for example.
And in doing so, they don't actually care what you think......
Its designed this way so that they can compile the more positive selections and put them forward like 74% of you say that this company works safely, for example.
And in doing so, they don't actually care what you think......
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: Have your say
A copy of EVERY 'Have Your Say' form returned (by members) should be forwarded to CWU so they can publish their own (hopefully a little more objective) version.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Have your say
Might have worked ten year ago Budfrog. Don,t forget that CWU heirarchy and RM management are now similar to Labour and Conservative. Difficult to no the difference.Budfrog wrote:A copy of EVERY 'Have Your Say' form returned (by members) should be forwarded to CWU so they can publish their own (hopefully a little more objective) version.
-
thehobbit
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 12:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Have your say
just had the short version through the post strangely 63 percent of the managers that say thank you is up 9 percent , not in my depot threats of conduct and bullying are rife as every where , they must have been so busy with the form filling ,that they missed the 62 percent of the staff NOT feeling valued and recognised down 1 percent
looking forward to the full version if this is the best spin they can do with it

looking forward to the full version if this is the best spin they can do with it
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Have your say
scan (and quick irresistable edit) of today's mailshot, in case any of you live in a lapsed round today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
trythat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36
Re: Have your say
Just had the short letter come through, I'm assuming the highlighted ones that RM printed are the most positive ones, if so a company this size, who at every opportunity tell anyone who will listen that 'our people' (What a condescending phrase that is!) are the most important part of the company should be thoroughly ashamed and embarrassed at these results. most are worse than last year, and it seems that nearly 2/3rds of staff disagree with most of the questions.
Very poor, and I think the CWU should try and bring these results up at the up-coming AGM! I would imagine that most large share holders realise that a contented staff are more efficient and productive, than a brow beaten, badly managed, pissed off staff.
But as RM seem to want to get to the bottom of the pole and turn into a part time work force, who ideally would be on a zero hour contract then I only see more trouble coming through, we've even got DSM's and above off with stress, a few line managers have committed or attempted suicide in the past couple years, never seen so many staff removed via IHR.
Very poor, and I think the CWU should try and bring these results up at the up-coming AGM! I would imagine that most large share holders realise that a contented staff are more efficient and productive, than a brow beaten, badly managed, pissed off staff.
But as RM seem to want to get to the bottom of the pole and turn into a part time work force, who ideally would be on a zero hour contract then I only see more trouble coming through, we've even got DSM's and above off with stress, a few line managers have committed or attempted suicide in the past couple years, never seen so many staff removed via IHR.
-
jaxx
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 08 Jun 2010, 21:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Have your say
Awaiting the usual "Well if you don`t feel valued by the company f#@k off and get another job" replies.thehobbit wrote:just had the short version through the post strangely 63 percent of the managers that say thank you is up 9 percent , not in my depot threats of conduct and bullying are rife as every where , they must have been so busy with the form filling ,that they missed the 62 percent of the staff NOT feeling valued and recognised down 1 percent
looking forward to the full version if this is the best spin they can do with it![]()
-
Jack Rouse
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Have your say
I had to laugh at it when I read it.
I can't ever remember a manager thanking me for putting that extra bit of effort, so I've stopped doing it.
I don't do overtime anymore, and I only do one schedule a week, I used to do three or more, and our office struggles all the time to get people to do them.
The rest of it is bullshit as well, reverse the figures to find the true story.
No wonder morale is at an all time low
I can't ever remember a manager thanking me for putting that extra bit of effort, so I've stopped doing it.
I don't do overtime anymore, and I only do one schedule a week, I used to do three or more, and our office struggles all the time to get people to do them.
The rest of it is bullshit as well, reverse the figures to find the true story.
No wonder morale is at an all time low
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Have your say
nothing on there about bullying and harassment then
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Have your say
It,s a figment of 100,000 people,s imagination.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Have your say
It would be interesting to see the actual feedback results not what Royal Mail want you to hear.