ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
-
yameen
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
Hi,
I have been lucky enough to be accepted on to the RM operations graduate scheme. I am due to start in September, I was wondering whether anyone had any tips or advise?
I have been lucky enough to be accepted on to the RM operations graduate scheme. I am due to start in September, I was wondering whether anyone had any tips or advise?
-
oypostie
- Posts: 915
- Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
Not sure i'd call that lucky 
-
yameen
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
With the current jobs market, gaining any sort of position let alone a graduate position, I certainly would class as lucky.oypostie wrote:Not sure i'd call that lucky
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
I recommend easy access underwear and a generous supply of baby oil to facilitate you being slippery and pliant, yes?
-
yameen
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
Ahh Its going to be fun!Nondescript wrote:I recommend easy access underwear and a generous supply of baby oil to facilitate you being slippery and pliant, yes?
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
Well you sound condescending enough anyway.yameen wrote:With the current jobs market, gaining any sort of position let alone a graduate position, I certainly would class as lucky.oypostie wrote:Not sure i'd call that lucky
I won
-
yameen
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
Any help with building a rapport with my other colleagues. As it is evident that grads are not welcomed?
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
This is a wind up ... you are no more a RM graduate entrant than I am Lady Gaga.yameen wrote:Any help with building a rapport with my other colleagues. As it is evident that grads are not welcomed?
-
yameen
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
What is so hard to believe? That me a person who you know nothing about is a RM graduate? Or is it the fact that I have come on to this forum for advise and help?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
You are right in that grads are not respected by the majority of their management colleagues nor by frontline staff, it's unfortunate because what this business really needs is a far more professional management structure. Unfortunately the old school may know the business inside out but most of them are stuck in a 1980s style fire fighting mode where the answer to everything is shout louder.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
I agree with much of what you say FT but one is the problems is that RM seem to pin all of their hopes on Grads rather than spreading their net a little wider to attract capable people from all backgrounds. The business is still entrenched in a 'Them and Us' world where management see their successes as being despite the workforce instead of working together as a single entity to achieve common goals. At times it could be argued that CWU haven't exactly helped their role as a trade union has at times not exactly moved with the times.fishtank wrote:You are right in that grads are not respected by the majority of their management colleagues nor by frontline staff, it's unfortunate because what this business really needs is a far more professional management structure. Unfortunately the old school may know the business inside out but most of them are stuck in a 1980s style fire fighting mode where the answer to everything is shout louder.
-
yameen
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 14 Jun 2015, 21:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
So how would you recommend I go about the role?Budfrog wrote:I agree with much of what you say FT but one is the problems is that RM seem to pin all of their hopes on Grads rather than spreading their net a little wider to attract capable people from all backgrounds. The business is still entrenched in a 'Them and Us' world where management see their successes as being despite the workforce instead of working together as a single entity to achieve common goals. At times it could be argued that CWU haven't exactly helped their role as a trade union has at times not exactly moved with the times.fishtank wrote:You are right in that grads are not respected by the majority of their management colleagues nor by frontline staff, it's unfortunate because what this business really needs is a far more professional management structure. Unfortunately the old school may know the business inside out but most of them are stuck in a 1980s style fire fighting mode where the answer to everything is shout louder.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
do you want adviCe ? Be a bosses nark and have a good wage for being lazy and bored all day , or be a worker like us.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Budfrog
- Posts: 893
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
Work hard, try and retain your integrity, don't believe all the spin/propaganda you are fed, listen to the people on the ground who actually do the work, and finally ...... do what all decent Grads do after 3 or 4 years which is move on to bigger and better things outside RM.yameen wrote:So how would you recommend I go about the role?
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Operations Graduate Scheme 2015
Congratulations!!
I am not against graduates coming into this organisation
You don't say if you have been a postie?? Doing our job offers a great insight into what can and cannot be achieved. In which case I can only offer the advice
"What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others!"
I am not against graduates coming into this organisation
You don't say if you have been a postie?? Doing our job offers a great insight into what can and cannot be achieved. In which case I can only offer the advice
"What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others!"
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.