ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969 Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp
Post
by spiderj » 13 Jun 2015, 12:25
Last day of service today... Out on ihr,took my uniform I'd badge etc back to yard.
I'll sign off on it through the week next week and that'll be me.
Major thanks to everyone on here over the past few years without whom idve been up a creek without even a spoon.
I won
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038 Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male
Post
by baldrick » 13 Jun 2015, 13:51
There is life after Royal Mail. Best Wishes for the future!
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969 Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp
Post
by spiderj » 13 Jun 2015, 14:06
Cheers dude,looking forward to having some energy and eventually being pain free hopefully .
I won
DB1100
Posts: 1976 Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Post
by DB1100 » 13 Jun 2015, 14:11
All the best pal,and I hope you do really well.
For we were soldiers once,and young
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969 Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp
Post
by spiderj » 13 Jun 2015, 14:30
Cheers dB,looking at a year recovering then off to college to retrain.
To be honest I think I'm away from the business at just the right time.
I won
35wayno
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 30 Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male
Post
by 35wayno » 13 Jun 2015, 15:55
All the best, I left 6 weeks ago after 31 years and I honestly don't miss a single thing, never look back pal
Ahebban
Posts: 695 Joined: 19 May 2009, 13:41
Gender: Male
Location: Left of ... Left
Post
by Ahebban » 13 Jun 2015, 16:11
Good luck in your new ventures .. we have had 5 long-term posties leave in the past year for one reason or another. Each of them don't regret a single day being away from Royal Mail.
Ahebban - anglo-saxon in origin - meaning 'Wages War'
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969 Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp
Post
by spiderj » 13 Jun 2015, 16:31
Cheers I'm glad to be out.
I won
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428 Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male
Post
by Pompey Boy » 13 Jun 2015, 17:06
All the best to you mate. Think you've managed to get out at the right time!
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
DB1100
Posts: 1976 Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Post
by DB1100 » 13 Jun 2015, 19:14
spiderj wrote: Cheers dB,looking at a year recovering then off to college to retrain.
To be honest I think I'm away from the business at just the right time.
Smashing mate,I've not got that long left here more than 5 but less than 10 so I'm hoping to stick it out till the end unless they sack me first
For we were soldiers once,and young
heapsy
Posts: 2972 Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
Gender: Male
Location: Drinking with Gangsters
Post
by heapsy » 13 Jun 2015, 21:26
All the best
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303 Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male
Post
by malcolm3011 » 14 Jun 2015, 21:28
Good luck for the future