ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Manager stopping transfer ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Manager stopping transfer ?
newboy23 wrote:Can my manager stop me from transferring ?
Officially I don't know. However I have heard they can delay it for operational reasons but for only 28 days. They can't cancel it.
However, there are 2 nuclear options.
The A bomb option: Make sure you have the new position and give a weeks notice from the current office. You'll need to make sure the DOM at the new place will still take you on even though you've quit.
The TSAR bomb version: Sent an email to justsayit although you'll have to give full office details, the operational reasons to stop/delay your transfer would have to be rock solid (which they probably are not).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Manager stopping transfer ?
newboy23 wrote:OK thanks, but i will lose my shares if i quit ?
Yes - hence why I called it nuclear. My advice would be to use the justsayit avenue. But be polite and impersonal, don't bring personalities or opinions into it. Ask a direct question. For example
I am a postman at Huddersfield Delivery Office and I have applied for a transfer to Leafy Hollow Delivery Office. My manager has advised me that for operational reasons he cannot honour my request at the moment. Are you able to advise me if this is a permanent refusal or just a temporary restriction. If it is temporary is there a limit of how long it can be for.
I am eager to continue my career with Royal Mail and feel that this move will improve my commitment to the business therefor any help or advice would be most welcome.
--------------------------- Its all bovine excrement but you get the picture, you are not accusing, just looking for advice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
newboy23
Re: Manager stopping transfer ?
Brilliant thanks for thisTrueBlueTerrier wrote:newboy23 wrote:OK thanks, but i will lose my shares if i quit ?
Yes - hence why I called it nuclear. My advice would be to use the justsayit avenue. But be polite and impersonal, don't bring personalities or opinions into it. Ask a direct question. For example
I am a postman at Huddersfield Delivery Office and I have applied for a transfer to Leafy Hollow Delivery Office. My manager has advised me that for operational reasons he cannot honour my request at the moment. Are you able to advise me if this is a permanent refusal or just a temporary restriction. If it is temporary is there a limit of how long it can be for.
I am eager to continue my career with Royal Mail and feel that this move will improve my commitment to the business therefor any help or advice would be most welcome.
--------------------------- Its all bovine excrement but you get the picture, you are not accusing, just looking for advice.
-
pulling13
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 21 May 2014, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Manager stopping transfer ?
My manager told me you have to request a transfer yourself online as the rules have changed (currently applying for transfer)
Go to royalmailgroup/my job I think it is, if it asks for a user Id and password in success factors your id is pay number and password is your national insurance no all in caps bar the last letter of nino eg AA123456a
Hope that helps and I've put in two transfer applications
Go to royalmailgroup/my job I think it is, if it asks for a user Id and password in success factors your id is pay number and password is your national insurance no all in caps bar the last letter of nino eg AA123456a
Hope that helps and I've put in two transfer applications
-
newboy23
Re: Manager stopping transfer ?
Thanks but I cant see anything in there where it says about transferring ?pulling13 wrote:My manager told me you have to request a transfer yourself online as the rules have changed (currently applying for transfer)
Go to royalmailgroup/my job I think it is, if it asks for a user Id and password in success factors your id is pay number and password is your national insurance no all in caps bar the last letter of nino eg AA123456a
Hope that helps and I've put in two transfer applications
-
pulling13
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 21 May 2014, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Manager stopping transfer ?
Try googling success factors royal mail and log in with the above info for yourself,
I ended up using it recently to apply for a transfer, I did find it isn't mobile friendly though but you do bypass your manager as the rules have changed.
I'll have a fish around for the paperwork I got given by my manager once my little one has woke up and if I can find it I'll reply again on here mate
Good luck
I ended up using it recently to apply for a transfer, I did find it isn't mobile friendly though but you do bypass your manager as the rules have changed.
I'll have a fish around for the paperwork I got given by my manager once my little one has woke up and if I can find it I'll reply again on here mate
Good luck
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Manager stopping transfer ?
I still think the best way to get a transfer is to go to the office you want to transfer to and speak to the dom in person.
If he is willing to take you then you contact HR who will arrange it for you and your current Dom has little say in the matter.
I've seen this work for other posties.
If he is willing to take you then you contact HR who will arrange it for you and your current Dom has little say in the matter.
I've seen this work for other posties.
-
LukeyBoy
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Manager stopping transfer ?
Ive got a date for a transfer.I first tried to deal with it through my manager It was absolute useless.I then contacted the local rep for the area I wanted to move to who put me in contact with the DOM and within a week I had a date.Not saying which was in right or wrong but in my case speaking to the office direct was the best thing to do.
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Manager stopping transfer ?
I tried to transfer last year but my manager wanted me to stay. I saw the DOM at the new office and he said he'd have me there, all my manager needed to do was call him to arrange it. Asked him every day for about 3 weeks, all I ever got was "I haven't had time but I'll do it later". 3 weeks went by, he still hadn't called so I phoned the DOM and he said the jobs had now been taken.
I heard that a few other people had the exact same problem, or had managers trying to keep them from transferring. I was told to go in to see the manager with a union rep next time to put more pressure on them to do something.
I heard that a few other people had the exact same problem, or had managers trying to keep them from transferring. I was told to go in to see the manager with a union rep next time to put more pressure on them to do something.
-
jimboaby
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 21:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Manager stopping transfer ?
If you apply on the internal jobs website, it's done by HR regardless of what your DOM wants, He can only delay it, not cancel it.