ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

short staffed ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

short staffed ?

Post by comeracing »

work in small delivery office few staff of long term sick, few others off short term sick, others on annual leave, others left medically finished and paid off early.my long weekend no one to do my duty on sat morning,asked to work I said no,had made arragements as you do,i went in for 2 hours to prep my duty 0600 - 0800 hrs easy money really, then i went home at 0800 hours. The dom got 2 lads to cover my duty, Saturday at 17.10 I got a phone call from one of the lads covering my duty,had a packet for a house nobody in,ive tried 3 neighbours he said, my reply was you better try another neighbour until you get rid.he had to get rid as the local post office closed at 12.30,our office I a shambles im afraid to say,to make things wors I will have to finish on time this Wednesday,i will be mr popular working to time in our office is like you've commited the crime of the century.
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: short staffed ?

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

comeracing wrote:work in small delivery office few staff of long term sick, few others off short term sick, others on annual leave, others left medically finished and paid off early.my long weekend no one to do my duty on sat morning,asked to work I said no,had made arragements as you do,i went in for 2 hours to prep my duty 0600 - 0800 hrs easy money really, then i went home at 0800 hours. The dom got 2 lads to cover my duty, Saturday at 17.10 I got a phone call from one of the lads covering my duty,had a packet for a house nobody in,ive tried 3 neighbours he said, my reply was you better try another neighbour until you get rid.he had to get rid as the local post office closed at 12.30,our office I a shambles im afraid to say,to make things wors I will have to finish on time this Wednesday,i will be mr popular working to time in our office is like you've commited the crime of the century.
Why did he have to get rid? Bang a card in! Fancy pratting about with multiple neighbours on a Saturday.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: short staffed ?

Post by Chelseablue »

UntIl you get rid.,,,, Is that a joke ? You bothered goin in at. 6am for cpl hours wtf? Relax , Enjoy you're time away from the madhouse , it's not you're problem.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: short staffed ?

Post by aiden01 »

comeracing wrote:work in small delivery office few staff of long term sick, few others off short term sick, others on annual leave, others left medically finished and paid off early.my long weekend no one to do my duty on sat morning,asked to work I said no,had made arragements as you do,i went in for 2 hours to prep my duty 0600 - 0800 hrs easy money really, then i went home at 0800 hours. The dom got 2 lads to cover my duty, Saturday at 17.10 I got a phone call from one of the lads covering my duty,had a packet for a house nobody in,ive tried 3 neighbours he said, my reply was you better try another neighbour until you get rid.he had to get rid as the local post office closed at 12.30,our office I a shambles im afraid to say,to make things wors I will have to finish on time this Wednesday,i will be mr popular working to time in our office is like you've commited the crime of the century.
why did you go in for 2hours if you had already made other arrangements :crazy: :crazy: as for getting rid of packet why would you care :nana
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: short staffed ?

Post by Jpro747 »

Sounds a lot like my office - few gone sick, suspended, retiring, and the ones who are fit get sent to other offices which have the same problems!

As a result rounds now failing in our office, customers getting fed up with this 'third class' service. But the business is making a huge profit so long it will continue. :cuppa
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: short staffed ?

Post by comeracing »

i could not be rude to a collegue on the phone,he wanted help and I tried to do just that,he is ok,unlike some other idiots in our office,2 hours as no problem prepping my round,when want to finish on time on Wednesday and the dom at happy,will point out that I got him out of the s** on saturday morning :thumbup
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: short staffed ?

Post by Anonymouse »

Sounds like my place. Usually hear some postie getting a call on their day off to come in because the manager can't get it covered. Madhouse.
comeracing wrote:i will be mr popular working to time in our office is like you've commited the crime of the century.
I've been working to my time most days. However i find most of the backlash for wanting to do so comes from my colleagues. The manager is usually fine with it.
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Re: short staffed ?

Post by steve1873 »

comeracing wrote:i could not be rude to a collegue on the phone,he wanted help and I tried to do just that,he is ok,unlike some other idiots in our office,2 hours as no problem prepping my round,when want to finish on time on Wednesday and the dom at happy,will point out that I got him out of the s** on saturday morning :thumbup
Why exactly when you wish to finish on your time on Wednesday, will you need to remind him of anything other than "I am paid until x o'clock after which I will be going home" :wave

You done him a favour on Saturday, and in return you expect him to do you a favour by LETTING you finish on your time on Wednesday?