ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Poal after 20 years service
-
Billyboots
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 21 May 2015, 17:12
- Gender: Male
Poal after 20 years service
I have purchased 6 weeks leave for many years now. I completed 20 years service on 17.05.2015 when should I stop having money deducted from my wages. I have been told by other members it will carry on until the next year's annual leave. If this is not true who do I need to contact ?
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Poal after 20 years service
What you were told is correct. You are paying for your extra purchased leave for this year. You will get the (20 years) 6 weeks AL from next leave year, and your payments will be ceased at beginning of next financial year, April 2016.
You don't need to contact anyone, it should be done automatically by the wages people.
You don't need to contact anyone, it should be done automatically by the wages people.
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Poal after 20 years service
Just to add, this years payment should have gone down noticeably as you have reached twenty years service so early in the financial year.Check your previous wage slips and you should see the difference.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Poal after 20 years service
the payments should stop has you will be entitled to just short of 6 weeks this annual leave probably 5 weeks 4 days anyway you shouldnt be paying full poalBillyboots wrote:I have purchased 6 weeks leave for many years now. I completed 20 years service on 17.05.2015 when should I stop having money deducted from my wages. I have been told by other members it will carry on until the next year's annual leave. If this is not true who do I need to contact ?
-
Billyboots
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 21 May 2015, 17:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Poal after 20 years service
Still unsure conflicting answers. Poal is deducted at £6.87 has been the same for many years. I have noticed on my holiday form Basic entilement is 30 days but my Purch leave is still showing as 6 days is this where the mistake maybe? Surley if I carry on paying until next year I am going to be £322.89 (47 weeks x 6.87) out of pocket.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Poal after 20 years service
yes you should have only being purchasing 4 days to make it from five weeks and one day (26 days) to six weeks ( 30 days )Billyboots wrote:Still unsure conflicting answers. Poal is deducted at £6.87 has been the same for many years. I have noticed on my holiday form Basic entilement is 30 days but my Purch leave is still showing as 6 days is this where the mistake maybe? Surley if I carry on paying until next year I am going to be £322.89 (47 weeks x 6.87) out of pocket.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Poal after 20 years service
started shortly befoe you mate you should have gained at least 2 days on your a/l so payments should start coming down soonBillyboots wrote:I have purchased 6 weeks leave for many years now. I completed 20 years service on 17.05.2015 when should I stop having money deducted from my wages. I have been told by other members it will carry on until the next year's annual leave. If this is not true who do I need to contact ?
-
pgtips
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 07 Jun 2011, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Poal after 20 years service
Payments should stop when you hit 20 yr service but they will add any unpaid absences to extend this,if in doubt contact H.R & they will confirm a date when payments ceaseBillyboots wrote:I have purchased 6 weeks leave for many years now. I completed 20 years service on 17.05.2015 when should I stop having money deducted from my wages. I have been told by other members it will carry on until the next year's annual leave. If this is not true who do I need to contact ?
-
Billyboots
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 21 May 2015, 17:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Poal after 20 years service
Just a quick update for anyone in the same position the payment ceased about 2 weeks after 20years after thinking I could possibly be paying for another year was pleased with the outcome.