ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bank holiday payment
-
Scotland1
- Posts: 180
- Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
- Gender: Female
Bank holiday payment
Do we get paid an enhanced rate if our day off falls on a bank holiday, we were told at Easter we just get normal 7hours 48 mins for day off and no enhanced rate, but I got £120+ for August one last year, please can someone clarify this
-
ganda
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank holiday payment
If your rest day falls on a Bank holiday, your manager will check if workload allows for you to have another day off that week.
If that’s not possible, you can either:
Add the day to your annual holiday entitlement; or take the excess hours paid as overtime. This will be paid at the Monday to Saturday overtime rate"
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... y%20A4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If that’s not possible, you can either:
Add the day to your annual holiday entitlement; or take the excess hours paid as overtime. This will be paid at the Monday to Saturday overtime rate"
https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... y%20A4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank holiday payment
No advanced rate mate cos we don't work them days so why would they pay you extra other than a normal days pay. As for august they probably put it down on the system as the wrong payment type, had it happen to me.
-
rocksausage
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 24 May 2013, 17:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank holiday payment
I had 3 days that fell on bank holidays last year, had them as bank holiday payment option b. This year I had 2 days, which I have asked to be paid. I have a different dom this year, and when i checked my payslip last thursday, it said bank holiday payment option a, which was a lot less than option b. Which is the correct option?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Bank holiday payment
I may be wrong but I think option A is the correct one. Option B is the one where you actually work it hence its higher rate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
ganda
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank holiday payment
I'm I reading this right? Have people not read the link.
Not sure why people post what they think, when the facts have been posted.....
From the My Royal Mail website. You get paid at at Monday to Saturday overtime rate!take the excess hours paid as overtime. This will be paid at the Monday to Saturday overtime rate.
Not sure why people post what they think, when the facts have been posted.....
-
rocksausage
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 24 May 2013, 17:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank holiday payment
Just to clarify, phoned HR, you get enhanced pay rate if your day off falls on a bank holiday and you wish to be paid it. Should say bank holiday payment option B on payslip.
-
paulf0203
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank holiday payment
did they say what the enhanced rate was?rocksausage wrote:Just to clarify, phoned HR, you get enhanced pay rate if your day off falls on a bank holiday and you wish to be paid it. Should say bank holiday payment option B on payslip.
-
rocksausage
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 24 May 2013, 17:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Bank holiday payment
No but I think its monday to saturday ot rate.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Bank holiday payment
What about part timers as normally they don't get paid overtime rate until they hit 39hrs?
For we were soldiers once,and young