ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

im getting sick of this

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pulling13
Posts: 31
Joined: 21 May 2014, 17:41
Gender: Male

im getting sick of this

Post by pulling13 »

What is wrong with these new managers that all they want to do is conduct people and even phone you on your day off to ask a question about the round I'm on?

I can't get away from this stressful place atm the one day I look after my little one I still can't get away from work without these abnoxous arrogant power tripped idiotic managers getting a hard on over conducting people for the silliest little things

My stress levels are getting beyond belief from these idiots, I refuse to join the union and our union guy works with the managers in our office!!!
ctpunk
Posts: 25
Joined: 13 May 2015, 19:52
Gender: Male

Re: im getting sick of this

Post by ctpunk »

Take your collegues to the pub after work, have a pint and reset yourself. You will be surprised how much advice you can get from them. especially admin staff, they are up to date with latest depot gossips.


In past it helped me a lot dealing with stress and depression. You will be surprised how much support you can get from your collegues.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: im getting sick of this

Post by Jpro747 »

Don't answer your phone to them
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Re: im getting sick of this

Post by Shaders »

It beats the hell out of my why people get stressed out with this job.
you start on time, you finish on time (if you want) and keep your nose clean,
IF you get a call on your day off is it really the end of the world? What we talking, 2 minutes?
Its only stressful if you allow it to be, and i certainly dont.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: im getting sick of this

Post by wannabeek »

Yeah, really! Last time I got a call on my day off I laughed at them, said very sorry I'm busy, talk to me tomorrow. (I believe I was busy on the Xbox, or maybe washing the truck, possibly I was interrupted from sitting and watching my bees, who cares)
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: im getting sick of this

Post by DB1100 »

pulling13 wrote:What is wrong with these new managers that all they want to do is conduct people and even phone you on your day off to ask a question about the round I'm on?

I can't get away from this stressful place atm the one day I look after my little one I still can't get away from work without these abnoxous arrogant power tripped idiotic managers getting a hard on over conducting people for the silliest little things

My stress levels are getting beyond belief from these idiots, I refuse to join the union and our union guy works with the managers in our office!!!
Get yourself to the gym for a workout,punchbags are great destressers.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: im getting sick of this

Post by Lounge Lizard »

pulling13 wrote:What is wrong with these new managers that all they want to do is conduct people and even phone you on your day off to ask a question about the round I'm on?

I can't get away from this stressful place atm the one day I look after my little one I still can't get away from work without these abnoxous arrogant power tripped idiotic managers getting a hard on over conducting people for the silliest little things

My stress levels are getting beyond belief from these idiots, I refuse to join the union and our union guy works with the managers in our office!!!
If they phone you on your day off to ask a question about the round you're on surprise them, keep them chatting, asking how busy it is, are all the walks covered, are there many off sick, can you just check my leave balance, etc. etc. :thumbup He'll probably spill his coffee and never phone you again. :Very Happy :cuppa