ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'm Free!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

I'm Free!!

Post by coxie »

Finally after 12 years I've managed to land another job and get the hell out of here. Go to tough it out until September but there's light at the end of this tunnel. 5 years ago I would have been happy to stay here but now the thought of spending the rest of my working life with Royal Mail scares the crap out of me. I'll stick around on here still for a while but to be free from this company and the way they treat us now is the best thing to happen to me in years.
plaguelift
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by plaguelift »

Good luck in your new job coxie. Hope everything goes well for you.
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by coxie »

Cheers mate, forgot to mention the best bit about this job is the people, I'm sure most of you have made some life long friends since joining Royal Mail.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by Judgee »

Oh piss off!!!!!!



Ermmm I mean congrats you lucky sod, wish I could find something else! :thumbup
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by coxie »

Trainee train driver mate, get on it
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by datasaint »

coxie wrote:Trainee train driver mate, get on it
Well done mate, not an easy gig to get. How did you find the tests? Did you have any special experience/qualities that made you more suitable for the role than others?
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by Dorset Plodder »

coxie wrote:Cheers mate, forgot to mention the best bit about this job is the people, I'm sure most of you have made some life long friends since joining Royal Mail.
Well done on finding an exit strategy! :Applause I know all offices are different, perhaps mine is more anti-social than others, but generally I find a lot of Posties to be Selfish & Self Centred. Over the years the job had attracted, and then encouraged, such types. I just have work colleagues, I don't have friends. I wouldn't trust any of these idiots to watch my back! A sorry indictment I know. Good Luck with your new job. :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by arnold cheshire »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
coxie wrote:Cheers mate, forgot to mention the best bit about this job is the people, I'm sure most of you have made some life long friends since joining Royal Mail.
Well done on finding an exit strategy! :Applause I know all offices are different, perhaps mine is more anti-social than others, but generally I find a lot of Posties to be Selfish & Self Centred. Over the years the job had attracted, and then encouraged, such types. I just have work colleagues, I don't have friends. I wouldn't trust any of these idiots to watch my back! A sorry indictment I know. Good Luck with your new job. :Very Happy
do you work in my office ?
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by Nondescript »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
coxie wrote:Cheers mate, forgot to mention the best bit about this job is the people, I'm sure most of you have made some life long friends since joining Royal Mail.
Well done on finding an exit strategy! :Applause I know all offices are different, perhaps mine is more anti-social than others, but generally I find a lot of Posties to be Selfish & Self Centred. Over the years the job had attracted, and then encouraged, such types. I just have work colleagues, I don't have friends. I wouldn't trust any of these idiots to watch my back! A sorry indictment I know. Good Luck with your new job. :Very Happy
Sadly I think that most offices are the same. I've worked at two different offices at opposite ends of the country and the sniping, backstabbing and nastiness was the same in both.
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by coxie »

norm wrote:
coxie wrote:Trainee train driver mate, get on it
Well done mate, not an easy gig to get. How did you find the tests? Did you have any special experience/qualities that made you more suitable for the role than others?

Found the tests ok and interviews. Got no experience or special quality a. Just an average bloke, applied last august, done the test end of march and got called straight for a managers interview 2 weeks later.
pants123

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by pants123 »

coxie wrote:Finally after 12 years I've managed to land another job and get the hell out of here. Go to tough it out until September but there's light at the end of this tunnel. 5 years ago I would have been happy to stay here but now the thought of spending the rest of my working life with Royal Mail scares the crap out of me. I'll stick around on here still for a while but to be free from this company and the way they treat us now is the best thing to happen to me in years.

best of luck for the future... :Very Happy
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by postman nel »

I got out about 18 months ago...trust me you won't regret it.. :nana
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by arnold cheshire »

train driving course £ 79 in kent would it be worth it ?
paulthepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by paulthepostie »

Just out of curiosity what is the age of you guys that have left?. The only reason i ask is to find out if it is difficult to find work when your in your late 30's and upwards, when you have left royal mail. Did you find employers more disinterested because of your age and where you worked?.
Cheers
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: I'm Free!!

Post by datasaint »

coxie wrote:
norm wrote:
coxie wrote:Trainee train driver mate, get on it
Well done mate, not an easy gig to get. How did you find the tests? Did you have any special experience/qualities that made you more suitable for the role than others?

Found the tests ok and interviews. Got no experience or special quality a. Just an average bloke, applied last august, done the test end of march and got called straight for a managers interview 2 weeks later.
Did you get interviewed first then take the test, or were the applicants selected on the basis of the test?