ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Part timers, Saturday off
-
thefall101
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 16 May 2012, 23:33
- Gender: Male
Part timers, Saturday off
I've been working at RM for about 3 years as a part timer and recently our office has got a new manager. Now, he hasn't given me a Saturday off for about 4-5 months and i'm sure I heard him say part timers won't get them off anymore in our office, as we have lost a few people recently. Can anyone tell me if part timers are entitled to a certain number of Saturdays of a month or something, 'cause this 's**t', smells like bullshit to me.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Part timers, Saturday off
thefall101 wrote:I've been working at RM for about 3 years as a part timer and recently our office has got a new manager. Now, he hasn't given me a Saturday off for about 4-5 months and i'm sure I heard him say part timers won't get them off anymore in our office, as we have lost a few people recently. Can anyone tell me if part timers are entitled to a certain number of Saturdays of a month or something, 'cause this 's**t', smells like bullshit to me.
Not a "certain" number of Saturdays but it is illegal to treat part-timers less favourably than full timers.
The Part-time Workers (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations 2000 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000 ... tents/made" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Part timers, Saturday off
Though just check your contract as after the last pay agreement a lot of people were initially employed to work saturdays only or set days ie Mon tue sat. If not then as Tbt says above