ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Genera election papers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postie1975
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 15:51
Gender: Male

Genera election papers

Post by postie1975 »

Hi I hope anyone can help I got some general election material on my walk and it says they have to be delivered by the 6/5. Does that mean that the 6/5 is the last day all have to be delivered by or does it mean they should of all gone out the 5th of may at the latest? :d'oh!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Genera election papers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

postie1975 wrote:Hi I hope anyone can help I got some general election material on my walk and it says they have to be delivered by the 6/5. Does that mean that the 6/5 is the last day all have to be delivered by or does it mean they should of all gone out the 5th of may at the latest? :d'oh!
6th is the VERY last day - none can be delivered on polling day IIRC.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
postie1975
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Genera election papers

Post by postie1975 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
postie1975 wrote:Hi I hope anyone can help I got some general election material on my walk and it says they have to be delivered by the 6/5. Does that mean that the 6/5 is the last day all have to be delivered by or does it mean they should of all gone out the 5th of may at the latest? :d'oh!
6th is the VERY last day - none can be delivered on polling day IIRC.
Thanks just wasn't sure really as a few other people have been on my job when I was off and didn't get time to ask on Saturday they are infact conservative papers and it just says 6/5 as the date on them.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Genera election papers

Post by arnold cheshire »

postie1975 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
postie1975 wrote:Hi I hope anyone can help I got some general election material on my walk and it says they have to be delivered by the 6/5. Does that mean that the 6/5 is the last day all have to be delivered by or does it mean they should of all gone out the 5th of may at the latest? :d'oh!
6th is the VERY last day - none can be delivered on polling day IIRC.
Thanks just wasn't sure really as a few other people have been on my job when I was off and didn't get time to ask on Saturday they are infact conservative papers and it just says 6/5 as the date on them.
genera election papers must be delivered by wednesday
Last edited by arnold cheshire on 04 May 2015, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
postie1975
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Genera election papers

Post by postie1975 »

genera erection papers must be delivered by wednesday[/quote]

that's true but on the other hand it depends on the date marked on the sheet as mentioned above. the ones I was mentioning were the addressed conservative ones
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Genera election papers

Post by krussel »

postie1975 wrote:genera erection papers must be delivered by wednesday
that's true but on the other hand it depends on the date marked on the sheet as mentioned above. the ones I was mentioning were the addressed conservative ones[/quote]

You should have had 3 days from when they hit your office. There is no specific delivery day but obv the last possible day is weds.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 304
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Genera election papers

Post by jimmynailsalive »

krussel wrote:
postie1975 wrote:genera erection papers must be delivered by wednesday
that's true but on the other hand it depends on the date marked on the sheet as mentioned above. the ones I was mentioning were the addressed conservative ones

Going to be a hard shaft on Wednesday by the sound of that!
Gus McCrae
Posts: 17
Joined: 28 May 2010, 01:28
Gender: Male

Re: Genera election papers

Post by Gus McCrae »

We had some time sensitive ones from the Labour party last Tuesday. It said something like '48 hours left to save the NHS' so they all had to go out that day. On Wednesday we had another saying '24 hours left to save the NHS' so it was every house again. My constituency was marginal with Labour only losing last time by a couple of hundred votes so it looks like they were pulling out all the stops. It didn't do them much good as they lost again, this time by over 4000.