ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Election Material.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Election Material.
Just a quick question and I'm sure its been asked before for which I apologise. Can we refuse to deliver election material?
Toon Army!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Election Material.
on the 2nd may you ask this question ?BingBong wrote:Just a quick question and I'm sure its been asked before for which I apologise. Can we refuse to deliver election material?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Election Material.
BingBong wrote:Just a quick question and I'm sure its been asked before for which I apologise. Can we refuse to deliver election material?
Not completely no. But you can refuse to deliver any parties material if you belive delivering them will put you at risk, or you have a moral objection to delivering them. There is a link on every page at the moment that contains all the information - its in the pink bar at the top.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: Election Material.
Yes you can. It is entirely optional.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Not completely no.BingBong wrote:Just a quick question and I'm sure its been asked before for which I apologise. Can we refuse to deliver election material?
There may be consequences (like being moved off your delivery) but if you don't want the extra work and extra payment you just have to make it clear right at the start.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
buntin
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Election Material.
No you cant refuse.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Election Material.
Why would you refuse extra work? Last week I earned £29 for an extra 1 hour of effort. Then again I disagree taking them on lapsed duties when someone else claims for them all.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Election Material.
Some part-time reserves have to claim overtime just to finish a duty. In most offices there is an o-time ban because of election material. So unless it's really worth it IE 2/3 leaflets and lots of drop points, then I can completely understand why some people may refuse. Part-time reserves(less than 27.5hrs) are effectively being paid less than every one else as it is, never mind going way over your time as well.
-
pod25
- Posts: 240
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Election Material.
Wrong !! Yes you can, as has already been said above.buntin wrote:No you cant refuse.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Election Material.
you can refuse to deliver them, However it will only be BNP, EDL etc that you can refuse as they are racist organizations in many peoples eyes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Election Material.
EDL they were not a political partydoorstepped wrote:you can refuse to deliver them, However it will only be BNP, EDL etc that you can refuse as they are racist organizations in many peoples eyes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Election Material.
arnold cheshire wrote:EDL they were not a political partydoorstepped wrote:you can refuse to deliver them, However it will only be BNP, EDL etc that you can refuse as they are racist organizations in many peoples eyes.
No but they were aligned with the short lived British Freedom Party, and did plan to put EDL members up as BFP candidates.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.