ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

20 years service reward

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postiewafu
Posts: 18
Joined: 25 Oct 2007, 19:25

20 years service reward

Post by postiewafu »

Hi, can anyone tell me when to expect my vouchers to arrive for my 20 years service. I already have the presentation plaque and pin, cheers
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by comeracing »

postiewafu wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me when to expect my vouchers to arrive for my 20 years service. I already have the presentation plaque and pin, cheers
im coming up to my 20 years what exactly do you get .
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by glenfiddich »

comeracing wrote:
postiewafu wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me when to expect my vouchers to arrive for my 20 years service. I already have the presentation plaque and pin, cheers
im coming up to my 20 years what exactly do you get .

More lapsing :nana
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by baldrick »

comeracing wrote:
postiewafu wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me when to expect my vouchers to arrive for my 20 years service. I already have the presentation plaque and pin, cheers
im coming up to my 20 years what exactly do you get .
A lapel pin, a lump of plastic, and a catalogue to chose a gift or vouchers.
I got mine 9 months later, but that was 14 years ago so it might be quicker now

The best thing you get is 6 weeks Annual Leave.
Last edited by baldrick on 30 Apr 2015, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by Surreypostie »

Mine took less than a week, that was a few years ago.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by NWpostie »

You can buy one of these :Very Happy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/royal-mail-badge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's even a Consignia badge for sale :dance
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by deristrong »

I did 18 years, left in 1999 to do other things, and have now been back for 2 years. Will I get anything?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

deristrong wrote:I did 18 years, left in 1999 to do other things, and have now been back for 2 years. Will I get anything?

Probably not, apparently HR records pre 2000 are considered rare, I don't think they were even computerised. Also I don't think broken service will count.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by comeracing »

baldrick wrote:
comeracing wrote:
postiewafu wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me when to expect my vouchers to arrive for my 20 years service. I already have the presentation plaque and pin, cheers
im coming up to my 20 years what exactly do you get .
A lapel pin, a lump of plastic, and a catalogue to chose a gift or vouchers (for £150 iirc).
I got mine 9 months later, but that was 14 years ago so it might be quicker now

The best thing you get is 6 weeks Annual Leave.
I buy a week and a halfs leave at the moment to take me up to 6 weeks,when I go up to 20 years service will I get the week and a half back so will I be a fiver or so better off a week.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

yes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
plaguelift
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by plaguelift »

Along with your lump of plastic (sorry, "presentation plaque) and pin you should have also received a letter with a password on it for a website RMGbravo.co.uk. You go onto the website, enter your payroll ID number and the password, and you will have £80 (for 20 years) credit to spend. I think you can even top it up if you want. Theres no time limit to spend it, and theres loads of good (and crap) stuff on it. Everything from store cards (e.g ASDA) to the usual bbq. I suppose it's better than a kick in the arse for 20 years service, what other company would give you £80 (plus a load of free shares)?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

plaguelift wrote:Along with your lump of plastic (sorry, "presentation plaque) and pin you should have also received a letter with a password on it for a website RMGbravo.co.uk. You go onto the website, enter your payroll ID number and the password, and you will have £80 (for 20 years) credit to spend. I think you can even top it up if you want. Theres no time limit to spend it, and theres loads of good (and crap) stuff on it. Everything from store cards (e.g ASDA) to the usual bbq. I suppose it's better than a kick in the arse for 20 years service, what other company would give you £80 (plus a load of free shares)?
To be pedantic the firm had no choice over the free shares, it was part of the act that privatised us.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by baldrick »

plaguelift wrote: I suppose it's better than a kick in the arse for 20 years service, what other company would give you £80 (plus a load of free shares)?
You get more free shares after 20 years?
Other companies do give recognition for long service. I did a Xmas temp job with John Lewis last year. Their staff get a sabbatical of 6 months paid leave after 20 years. They get 6 weeks Annual Leave after 5 years.
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by Surreypostie »

John Lewis though are rare, they know that without having their staff onboard they are nobody.
plaguelift
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
Gender: Male

Re: 20 years service reward

Post by plaguelift »

Sorry, I didn't mean more free shares after 20 years service. I just meant that we are lucky that the company we work for has given out free shares for their workforce.