ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon packets and couriers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Amazon packets and couriers

Post by dave72 »

Where do we stand on customers coming out and trying to hand back wrongly delivered Amazon courier packets?

Today I refused to take one, mainly because the customer was being rude and condescending, also threatening to report me for delivering it wrong even though I explained it wasn't us but because it came through his letter box he said it was me :arrrghhh I was half tempted to tell him to deliver it himself

We don't have to take them back do we? It's like UPS taking a wrongly delivered Fedex parcel back isn't it?

The said parcel was delivered 4 streets wrong, not just the odd house away but 4 streets which isn't on my round :left:
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: Amazon packets and couriers

Post by motherhubbard »

Of course you don't have to take it.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Amazon packets and couriers

Post by Darren Bent »

Let your line manager know about the customer so he/she can deal with them. (As long you got a decent one)
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Amazon packets and couriers

Post by datasaint »

I got handed a Parcelforce packet delivered to the entirely wrong postcode sector of the city, I took it back and luckily found a Parcelforce driver later that day. :cool

Anything else I wouldn't bother simply tell them it's another company.
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Amazon packets and couriers

Post by Surreypostie »

I would have probably took it back to the office personally, hand it in and get it surcharged. They won't be too happy to have to pay us to deliver it, especially if they have already paid once.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Amazon packets and couriers

Post by wabbithunta »

If it hasn't got a Royal Mail logo stamp/logo on it then I'd explain to them that it was delivered, or rather mis-delivered, by a courier. If it was one of our items then fine, I'd take it back and get it delivered to the correct address and as others have said, inform my DO and see what they say and until then I'd leave it with the person who has the item.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"