I haven't changed my eating habits in any way (too many snacks after tea!) But I also haven't ate any more than I used to do so how can I go from desk job to 15k steps a day and stay exactly same weight.beginning to think walking is obviously great for general health but not intense enough for shedding extra pounds!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
-
Kikidee
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 25 Jan 2015, 14:37
- Gender: Female
Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
When I started at RM 2.5 months ago, everyone said the weight would fall off but I haven't stopped one pound
I haven't changed my eating habits in any way (too many snacks after tea!) But I also haven't ate any more than I used to do so how can I go from desk job to 15k steps a day and stay exactly same weight.beginning to think walking is obviously great for general health but not intense enough for shedding extra pounds!
I haven't changed my eating habits in any way (too many snacks after tea!) But I also haven't ate any more than I used to do so how can I go from desk job to 15k steps a day and stay exactly same weight.beginning to think walking is obviously great for general health but not intense enough for shedding extra pounds!
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
It is diet. Just reduce carbonhydrates food/drink ie bread, rice, pasta, cake, biscuits, sweets, puddings, cereals, crisps, fruit juice, pop, beer.
and eat more protein ie meat/fish.
Don't forget you might have also lost weight in fat, but gain in muscle as it is heavier.
and eat more protein ie meat/fish.
Don't forget you might have also lost weight in fat, but gain in muscle as it is heavier.
-
blakeyboy
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
I never changed my diet but have lost over 2 stone since I started.Peoples metabolism are different it takes some people slightly longer to lose than others.Dont worry give it a couple more months and it will fall off
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
When I started a year and half ago I was touching 15 stone
. But now I have not changed my diet and I am around 13.8 but I am not losing or gaining any more weight.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
Start taking out more lapse. 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
Usually you lose about a stone in the first 6 months but you have to watch your diet, this job tends to turn you into a snacker and an antisocial eater.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
Take up smoking fella
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
Take up reading fella.bensonhedge wrote:Take up smoking fella
fella's profile says female.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
Not into delving into people's profiles fish head mate.
-
cyrus
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
It's not delving. it's on the left hand sidebensonhedge wrote:Not into delving into people's profiles fish head mate.
Kikidee
Offline
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:37 pm
Gender: Female
-
Kikidee
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 25 Jan 2015, 14:37
- Gender: Female
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
Cheers everyone. Yep it Definitely encourages poor choices I think... Still getting used to fitness side of things so sometimes find only option is a newsagent so have to grab unhealthy options just to keep me going. Hate cereal and dubious they're actually healthy but need to get that sorted to set me up for the day I think. Time address diet side of things and stop hoping for it to magically drop off :) Tks again
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
This sums me up perfectlyfishtank wrote:Usually you lose about a stone in the first 6 months but you have to watch your diet, this job tends to turn you into a snacker and an antisocial eater.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
A healthy breakfast and take out a wholemeal sandwich and a banana and just drink water when you are out and treat yourself to a tea/coffee and biscuit when you get home after kicking the shoes off.
-
Chasdad
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 27 Jan 2015, 11:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
Also definitely an idea to keep the drinking to once a week ( which is a good idea anyway). I've been in the job a month and lost nothing but know why (big hint in the above). Am now doing fruit in the morning before delivery and a heathy sandwich
half way through and nothing but water to drink. Then meat and veg and brown rice when get home. Also doing British Military Fitness three times a week. It will work ....it had better do!!!!!!
half way through and nothing but water to drink. Then meat and veg and brown rice when get home. Also doing British Military Fitness three times a week. It will work ....it had better do!!!!!!
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Newbie still waiting for the weight to drop off!!
Exactly. I lost a stone in my first two weeks (maybe even first week) but in the last 7 years I've put at least two stone on. I'm drinking a lot more as well.fishtank wrote:Usually you lose about a stone in the first 6 months but you have to watch your diet, this job tends to turn you into a snacker and an antisocial eater.