ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lapsing ......grrrr
-
mightymetro
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 13 Oct 2011, 08:02
- Gender: Male
Lapsing ......grrrr
Just curious as to how many delivery points each of you do on average when you are lapsing
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
None here. I dont have time 
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
None here, dont have time 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
None - don't lapse - every time they introduce it the plan fails and they withdraw lapsing. So officially at the moment we are between plans.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
40 dp's. But some roads take longer than others. So your question should be "how long does your lapsing take?" In which case it is roughly 25 mins
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
none , dont have time .
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
I would always question someone who said "don't have time" , that can't possibly hold true for every day of every week and deserves to be looked at.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
I understand what you are getting at, as in every day has to be taken on its own merits, but it theoretically can be absolutely true every day of the week if the indoor and outdoor 318 is followed to the minute on impossibly high workload duties.dvbuk55 wrote:I would always question someone who said "don't have time" , that can't possibly hold true for every day of every week and deserves to be looked at.
Today I should have done IPS for 1hr40mins from coming through the door, then taking 20mins break, then 30mins work time learning. First item in the frame @ 0930 and out the door at 1010, for what is typically ~4hrs45mins delivery plus 20mins break at end. Lets just say I took my breaks, had no WTLL (shock horror) and did far less IPS and I did not return from delivery anything like 2 hours early. ;)
Some duty 318s were created by planners while under the heavy influence of narcotics. ;)
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
Either the office was very poorly planned or they are taking the piss.dvbuk55 wrote:I would always question someone who said "don't have time" , that can't possibly hold true for every day of every week and deserves to be looked at.
If the model week was set so low that traffic is always above model week, then people are losing out on improved contracts.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
On a light day doing it to the book I get back to the office 10/15 minutes `early` - enough time to tidy up and go. On a heavier day I do it `almost` to the book and get back 10/15 minutes`early`. Really heavy days I go over. So no room for lapsing.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
dvbuk55 wrote:I would always question someone who said "don't have time" , that can't possibly hold true for every day of every week and deserves to be looked at.
If I had time I would do it.OR if I wanted to book overtime I would do it.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
if it means going over then none .normally 84 callsmightymetro wrote:Just curious as to how many delivery points each of you do on average when you are lapsing
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
I have ~100 taken off, the penny may have finally dropped after trying to get me to complete the whole of my delivery and then take ~40 houses from another walk last year. ~9 times out of 10 I either left the lapsing; part of my duty; or both!
-
Tank
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
25 except Tuesday and Saturday which is 83, and there are big drives! Bout 45 mins worth.
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing ......grrrr
11 dp's. takes about 2 mins.