ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are managers getting worse?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Are managers getting worse?
In one of them moods...anyhoo...
I'm getting the impression that the scrotes are just getting worse with their antics.
Discuss the lowlife scumbags...
I'm getting the impression that the scrotes are just getting worse with their antics.
Discuss the lowlife scumbags...
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Are managers getting worse?
Bonus driven, bullying, bullsh1tting scrotes is the proper definition
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Are managers getting worse?
Most of them are already lower than a snakes belly and can't sink any lower.
The younger ones that are still a bit green get worse as they learn from their older and more experienced colleages,honing their 'skills' until they too are fully fledged professional lying, cheating, bullying, hypocritical shysters as they loiter on the shop floor like a pack of hyenas waiting for their next victim to come along and tell them they only want to work their contracted hours.
There's also their more subtle methods like making snide remarks and sarcastic comments to try and belittle posties. I wonder if they are taught all these things on manager training courses..
The younger ones that are still a bit green get worse as they learn from their older and more experienced colleages,honing their 'skills' until they too are fully fledged professional lying, cheating, bullying, hypocritical shysters as they loiter on the shop floor like a pack of hyenas waiting for their next victim to come along and tell them they only want to work their contracted hours.
There's also their more subtle methods like making snide remarks and sarcastic comments to try and belittle posties. I wonder if they are taught all these things on manager training courses..
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Are managers getting worse?
Mithering
Attitude and
Neanderthal
Approach
Generates
Employees
Reluctance to
Support
Attitude and
Neanderthal
Approach
Generates
Employees
Reluctance to
Support
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Are managers getting worse?
How many of them have actually had any man management training. I came into RM on the back of thirty years in management in the food industry. Fours years at Uni for Business Degree, countless management courses, H and S training, COSHH, Food hygiene advanced, the list is endless, before I was let loose on the shop floor on my own (I know non of this is relevant to RM) but I know of RM colleagues who are on a management course one week and in charge of a DO the next. What chance do they stand, and is it fair to the workforce. 
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Are managers getting worse?
Its. Got to the stage where I treat them as they treat me.like nothing.
I won
-
genesis
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 May 2007, 21:04
Re: Are managers getting worse?
I thought the work place coaches were replacing the managers?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Are managers getting worse?
Not officially, and not yetgenesis wrote:I thought the work place coaches were replacing the managers?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Are managers getting worse?
This latest efficiency drive has taken things to a new level, in my honest opinion the business is just starting to show its true hand, most managers now believe the union has been castrated by the AFG agreement and to be honest I think they're right.
It will only get worse.
It will only get worse.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
genesis
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 May 2007, 21:04
Re: Are managers getting worse?
Well thats what I emphatically think,Its because I read the hooper report in its entirety mate,All 600 pages of it.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Not officially, and not yetgenesis wrote:I thought the work place coaches were replacing the managers?
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Are managers getting worse?
genesis wrote:I thought the work place coaches were replacing the managers?
-
The Quiet Man
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 27 Dec 2010, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Are managers getting worse?
This is an excellent post and obviously from someone with managerial experience.Nigel1505 wrote:How many of them have actually had any man management training. I came into RM on the back of thirty years in management in the food industry. Fours years at Uni for Business Degree, countless management courses, H and S training, COSHH, Food hygiene advanced, the list is endless, before I was let loose on the shop floor on my own (I know non of this is relevant to RM) but I know of RM colleagues who are on a management course one week and in charge of a DO the next. What chance do they stand, and is it fair to the workforce.
It has to be remembered that most managers have come through the ranks without the aforementioned training .....which is great, but change is required to adapt to the day to day running, just as the same is required from a OPG.
I have (a wee bit of) sympathy with them, and no, I was never a manager....I think their life is quite tough, despite the comments on here......I'm pretty sure most of them are under considerable pressure?
(no doubt, I will receive stick for putting up a case, especially on a Friday night)
TQM
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Are managers getting worse?
The thing is "quiet man" they took the decision to get on the management bandwagon,nobody made them decide to be managers so I have no sympathy with them,I've been subject to their attempts at intimidation and I think if it wasn't for my years in the Army and time spent working pub doors I might have been upset by them,but now,with the help of this forum I see thru their lie's and now I view them as people to be pitied not feared,here is a quote by Abraham Lincoln which somes 99% of our management up IMHO;“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”
― Abraham Lincoln
― Abraham Lincoln
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: Are managers getting worse?
In most walks of life people become managers because they are reliable,helpful,good at listening & all in all pretty decent at their chosen job,having done it for a number of years & knowing everything inside out.
In RM these days they simply do it because they cannot survive on a 25-hour fixed term contract.
It really is that basic.
In RM these days they simply do it because they cannot survive on a 25-hour fixed term contract.
It really is that basic.
Last edited by Cedar_Room on 10 Apr 2015, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Are managers getting worse?
In most privatized companies nowadays, the managers are usually the first to go. Three or four managers are usually replaced by some graduate on an obscene amount of money. With glorified 'supervisors' (work place coaches ???) doing all the hard work for an extra grand or so a year.genesis wrote:I thought the work place coaches were replacing the managers?
Seems like it's already happening