ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Scheduled Attendence question.
-
RTS2
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 02 Nov 2014, 15:55
- Gender: Female
Scheduled Attendence question.
Hi, can anyone tell me, if when I'm down as the cover for someone in the Callers/Enquiry office do I have to cover their shift if they''re off on the sick.Or is it up for grabs?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Scheduled Attendence question.
RTS2 wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me, if when I'm down as the cover for someone in the Callers/Enquiry office do I have to cover their shift if they''re off on the sick.Or is it up for grabs?
The title is SA question but the post is about Callers Office - as far as I can tell there is no connection but if you can clarify that part of it, I'll help if I can.
With the callers office, as long as you are trained, and you work your scheduled hours/timings then they can make a reasonable request that you work in there to cover sickness. Of course if there is someone who is willing to be trained in there then that would provide management with extra resources for future absences. If you know someone who is willing to be trained, or naive enough to think its any easy task, then with their permission suggest the manager approach them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2025
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Scheduled Attendence question.
I guess the Callers Office is covered by an SA duty, probably on a Saturday or eveningsTrueBlueTerrier wrote:RTS2 wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me, if when I'm down as the cover for someone in the Callers/Enquiry office do I have to cover their shift if they''re off on the sick.Or is it up for grabs?
The title is SA question but the post is about Callers Office - as far as I can tell there is no connection but if you can clarify that part of it, I'll help if I can.
With the callers office, as long as you are trained, and you work your scheduled hours/timings then they can make a reasonable request that you work in there to cover sickness. Of course if there is someone who is willing to be trained in there then that would provide management with extra resources for future absences. If you know someone who is willing to be trained, or naive enough to think its any easy task, then with their permission suggest the manager approach them.
-
ganda
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Scheduled Attendence question.
Our callers office is covered by sa for evening opening 4 till 6 m t th fr 4 till 8 wedenday.