Just want to get my facts correct before approaching my manager again!!
After xmas I worked Mon,tues and weds Thursday was new Years day and I was off on Fri and sat. I was paid 25 hours as per my contract, 5 hrs a day but have been told that Thursday was my rest day and Fri, Sat were taken as leave, so effectively I've used 2 days leave and not just one and I havnt been paid for the bank hol.
Anyway I've almost given up on that but with Easter round the corner I'm guessing that Friday and Monday will be my rest days and again I'll be paid 25 hours.so not being paid for the bank hols.
My contract is 25hrs, 5 hours a day.
I was promised my days off would become rolling but I'm still waiting for that to happen as no one to cover me so I'm told a few days before.
Am I being stitched up? Or getting my facts wrong?
Any suggestions welcome, thx
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
bank holidays and rest days
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: bank holidays and rest days
If you are not being paid for the bank holidays (as they are your day offs) then you haven't had them, therefore you are entitled to them off in Lieu.
Sounds like
Sounds like
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Re: bank holidays and rest days
I work 20 hours Tuesday to Saturday. 4 hour shifts. If a Bank Holiday falls on a Monday we get given the Tuesday following off as an alternative paid holiday. You are entitled to every Bank holiday (pro -rata hours) as you work a 5 day week. I am not sure if all offices would give the following day off alternative to a bank holiday or have other arrangements.