ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

final wages question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

final wages question

Post by kirstyx »

I finish on ihr on saturday and i have 6 days leave outstanding i was just wondering if i will get this paid next friday? I checked this weeks wage slip and theres no mention on there i will check with managers tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone on here knows for sure. Many thanks
N1-22postman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 68
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 08:31
Gender: Male

Re: final wages question

Post by N1-22postman »

I took VR last year and my manager told me to use up my leave entitlement before my final day. My advice to anyone leaving, is to sort out your leave entitlement with your manager well before your final day. I would hope Royal Mail will pay you for your outstanding leave, but you should urgently sort it out with your manager tomorrow.
N1-22postman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 68
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 08:31
Gender: Male

Re: final wages question

Post by N1-22postman »

Just looked at my VR terms and conditions and it states "You will be expected to take any accrued leave between now and the last day of service and will not receive any additional compensation in respect of any accrued but unused annual leave entitlement as at that date." In other words they do not pay you for an unused leave! You are leaving under IHR which will have different rules and I hope you do not lose your holiday pay.
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Re: final wages question

Post by postman nel »

When I left on IHR...I got everything that was owed to me on my last day of service...
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4106
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: final wages question

Post by ted_e_bear »

Yes you're due to receive it,your manager needs to inform HR to tell them how much you're owed, unfortunately it's taxable as opposed to your ihr sum. If your last day of service is Saturday then you should get final wage next week as you suspected.
daveallum
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 175
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 17:42
Gender: Male

Re: final wages question

Post by daveallum »

When I left under IHR I got my outstanding holiday pay and bank holiday lieu days pay the following Friday.
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: final wages question

Post by kirstyx »

Thanks for the replies I clarified it with my rep and management this morning. Just one more day to go.