So I was called into the DOMs office this morning, union rep an all, with no idea what it was about to pertain to. I was asked what I had done with any excess door-to-doors on Saturday just passed, if I'd had any at all. I said I didn't recall seeing any and if there were any I definitely hadn't put them to returns frame (which our lino needs to sign off on anyway). I'm part-time and the d2d prep is done before I'm in. Other than ones for inaccessible addresses which I'll try again the next day, or mistakenly double prepped ones which I'll also take back and add to the boxes, I just deliver them and get on with it... no issues.
The problem is that there was an unusual amount of door to doors left on Saturday amongst which two letters had also been found. The d2ds had also been nested some of the week, I'm assuming I didn't have the same guy putting them in each day and the nesting certainly wasn't at my request, I don't like it for exactly this reason! I'd actually found a couple of letters amongst some of them during my walk and kept an eye out for more from then on.
So I explained the excess the best I could from saying I have a lot of singular address which fall under two numbers and a lot of vacant, inaccessible shops pending new occupants. It doesn't really equate to the amount left/returned though. The letters that were found in the returns though - well I can only theorise about how they came to be there. I know for certain that one of them was from a block of flats I'd failed to gain access to on Thurs or Fri, I'd have endorsed all the letters, put them in the missort frame after the walk and then put the D2D's back with the others ready for prepping tomorrow (which I did, not necessarily those precise same ones though, obviously) The other one is a flat as well but I don't have any issues getting into it and I definitely did all the D2Ds for it so I can only assume it was a missort thrown into a nest of households for a different inaccessible address, which had been returned. I wish I knew because it sounds a bit flimsy.
Obviously "wilful delay" is soon getting brandished at me and I'm reminded repeatedly how serious an offence this is and I just simply have no proof that I've not done anything wrong or at the very least I have delivered the d2d's to the addresses in question and just missed these two hidden letters which I hadn't even prepped. However, as it stands I don't think they really have any certain proof that I have behaved in a way that's befitting of the term "wilful delay" either. The DOM said they'd happily check calls on my walk to see if they had gotten their Households. I said no bother, I'm confident they have! Nothing particularly conclusive was said and then I got told to get on with my shift today. I know that won't be the last of it though and I'm half expecting to go in tomorrow and get told I'm done for.
Any thoughts?