Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is so important
We’re listening
https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2015/0 ... -listening" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Our 2015 Employee Survey is now open. Employees will either receive a paper survey or an email with a link to complete the survey online.
We talk to Jon Millidge, group HR director, who encourages you to make your voice heard.
Q. Royal Mail is a huge organisation. How can one person’s opinion be important?
Every opinion is counted and contributes to the overall picture at a national level. On a more local level your views, although anonymous, will also make a difference. They’ll influence local plans and these often make the biggest difference.
Q. Employees said they want greater involvement in what the company is doing. How have we addressed this?
Thousands of employees have attended town hall events in the last year. They’ve heard our chief executive, or her immediate team, talk about our strategy and they’ve been able to ask questions. The feedback from these sessions is invaluable. It has helped shape our activities such as our IT investment, uniforms and Sunday services. It is crucial that we continue to hear about what is important to our people.
Q. Personal development was one of the key requests from colleagues in last year’s survey. What have we done in this area and do you see it being a big theme again this year?
A number of people said they wanted more opportunity to develop within the company. Now we’re using the business screens to advertise vacancies. We’re also launching recruitment and career development websites. Ultimately, we want to see a learning and development plan for everybody across the organisation. I think it will be a big theme again, and I will be glad if it is. It shows our people are interested in their own development and want to improve their skills. That’s got to be good for everyone: our people, our customers and our business.
Q. Do you have a final message about the Employee Survey?
Our business cannot be successful without our people. It’s absolutely essential that they are at the heart of the organisation. The Employee Survey is a great opportunity for everyone to express their views. Please, please take part and help us make Royal Mail a better place to work.
The survey is open until Friday 27 March.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is important
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is important
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is import
To paraphrase Ken Livingstone, If this pointless and quite frankly ,ludicrous waste of money,survey ,ever changed anything then they would ban it. All this patronising drivel about, "our people" are the most important assets,etc ,excuse me whilst I yawn, any organisation that feels the need to say that ,obviously means exactly the opposite.
Of course they will spin the results to suit their own agenda,nothing will change ,nothing ever does. That is why I will not participate, sure, I probably will be told by other commentators on here ,that if I don't fill it in I can't complain, which is fair enough,however, I find the day to day reality of how badly this organisation is run,quite wearying . Staff surveys will not alter poor, weak and inconsistent ,frontline management,brought on by even poorer (if that were possible) ,senior manager. A fish rots from the head, how appropriate a metaphor for Royal Mail.
Rant over ,I will do as I am told,as I always do.
Of course they will spin the results to suit their own agenda,nothing will change ,nothing ever does. That is why I will not participate, sure, I probably will be told by other commentators on here ,that if I don't fill it in I can't complain, which is fair enough,however, I find the day to day reality of how badly this organisation is run,quite wearying . Staff surveys will not alter poor, weak and inconsistent ,frontline management,brought on by even poorer (if that were possible) ,senior manager. A fish rots from the head, how appropriate a metaphor for Royal Mail.
Rant over ,I will do as I am told,as I always do.
-
nhhoj htrow
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 31 Dec 2013, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is import
had ours today and was told we had to fill them in and hand them back before we were allowed out on delivery and we could not take them home or post them ourselfs surely this ist right
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is import
No it's not right,tell Moya...nhhoj htrow wrote:had ours today and was told we had to fill them in and hand them back before we were allowed out on delivery and we could not take them home or post them ourselfs surely this ist right
justsayit@royalmail.com
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3285
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is import
didnt fill anything in just left it blank popped into envelope and instructed lm i had finished
job done feck them
job done feck them
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is import
So you all sat their all shift, refusing to fill them in, informing management that you did not think you had enough time to complete delivery before your finish time?nhhoj htrow wrote:had ours today and was told we had to fill them in and hand them back before we were allowed out on delivery and we could not take them home or post them ourselfs surely this ist right
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is import
We wernt comfortable with the fact that we all had a different serial number on our forms when we were sat at the table 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is import
scoobydo79 wrote:We wernt comfortable with the fact that we all had a different serial number on our forms when we were sat at the table
Thats so they can get an accurate return rate, nothing sinister.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is import
Same in my office, the union guy was so fast to agree that I thought he was management.nhhoj htrow wrote:had ours today and was told we had to fill them in and hand them back before we were allowed out on delivery and we could not take them home or post them ourselfs surely this ist right
Strangely most of the office just walked out without filling them in, guess we'll see in a while if they are telling the truth.
Although I did see the rep seeming to fill in more than one but I can't be sure, he did seem to spend quite a bit of time but he may be just slow.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
celerycelery
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44
Re: Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is import
They are not mandatory and you can take them home to fill in as thats why there is a pre paid envelope enclosed. bout time some grew a pair and told the Dom this.
-
nhhoj htrow
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 31 Dec 2013, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Jon Millidge explains why the Employee Survey is import
out off 65 only 2 off us refuced and stood up to dom then he starts the water works [but i get in trouble] stuff