ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New starter - contract

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
purplesquirrel03
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Jan 2015, 18:46
Gender: Female

New starter - contract

Post by purplesquirrel03 »

Hi there
I'm starting at royal mail next week as a postwoman and driver part time at 24 hours I got my contract today and it's states starting pay will be £355.28 per week (pro rata for part time) when I applied I worked out I'd be earning around £218 is that amount correct they stated or is mime totally confused
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: New starter - contract

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

purplesquirrel03 wrote:Hi there
I'm starting at royal mail next week as a postwoman and driver part time at 24 hours I got my contract today and it's states starting pay will be £355.28 per week (pro rata for part time) when I applied I worked out I'd be earning around £218 is that amount correct they stated or is mime totally confused

the £355.28 is for FT 39 hour staff so for 24 hours your guess is spot on for Gross Pay before deductions and allowances. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: New starter - contract

Post by bustedflush »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
purplesquirrel03 wrote:Hi there
I'm starting at royal mail next week as a postwoman and driver part time at 24 hours I got my contract today and it's states starting pay will be £355.28 per week (pro rata for part time) when I applied I worked out I'd be earning around £218 is that amount correct they stated or is mime totally confused

the £355.28 is for FT 39 hour staff so for 24 hours your guess is spot on for Gross Pay before deductions and allowances. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
Yes, and you will get a 50p per hour rise too after 6 months and a year, taking you to 395-ish pro-rata. (Assuming your performance is normal.)
This is regardless of whether still on temp or permanent contract at that stage. Good luck!