ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Should I worry ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Should I worry ?

Post by enskied »

We are a small DO covering a large area with high volume mail and a troublesome delivery, a fair bit of the area is the scrap ends of other area codes plus our own. All of a sudden our DOM is clearing lots of space in the office while we are out delivering... What is the space being made for? I ruled out a dining table for the chippy dinner they have each day.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Should I worry ?

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Pole dancing lessons ? :confused
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Should I worry ?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Breakfasts ? :shock: ? :nana :nana
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Should I worry ?

Post by wabbithunta »

Making space to rebuild his office? It needs more room for all the "added extras" they'll need to fit in it. Microwave, mini-oven, toaster, kettle, coffee making machine, fridge, freezer dining table, coffee table, comfy chairs, flat-screen TV, ....

:cuppa
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Should I worry ?

Post by krussel »

Its where they are going to fit the rack for those who cut off.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Should I worry ?

Post by OnAFlyer »

Any other small offices near to you? RM are trying to merge as many as possible, we've already had one office come into ours and they're talking about another one - to do that they've said they will make every frame fully double slots.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Should I worry ?

Post by enskied »

OnAFlyer wrote:Any other small offices near to you? RM are trying to merge as many as possible, we've already had one office come into ours and they're talking about another one - to do that they've said they will make every frame fully double slots.
just about all of our are fully double slot frames already. The smallest duty is over 900 delivery points.
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Should I worry ?

Post by enskied »

wabbithunta wrote:Making space to rebuild his office? It needs more room for all the "added extras" they'll need to fit in it. Microwave, mini-oven, toaster, kettle, coffee making machine, fridge, freezer dining table, coffee table, comfy chairs, flat-screen TV, ....

:cuppa
Ha.. Most room is right outside the office.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Should I worry ?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

wabbithunta wrote:Making space to rebuild his office? It needs more room for all the "added extras" they'll need to fit in it. Microwave, mini-oven, toaster, kettle, coffee making machine, fridge, freezer dining table, coffee table, comfy chairs, flat-screen TV, ....

:cuppa
We've not got any of them, except a kettle. :cuppa