Can't remember this being a problem before, I'll manicure my big toe nails later and maybe change shoes, I have been sticking a gel heel cushion in to add some padding under my heels but other than that no idea what has changed, can I get a RM sock allowance?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Holy socks
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Holy socks
Last few weeks my big toes have been reeking havoc on my sock collection, almost a daily occurence to remove my shoes and find one or both socks with a gaping hole at the big toe.
Can't remember this being a problem before, I'll manicure my big toe nails later and maybe change shoes, I have been sticking a gel heel cushion in to add some padding under my heels but other than that no idea what has changed, can I get a RM sock allowance?
Can't remember this being a problem before, I'll manicure my big toe nails later and maybe change shoes, I have been sticking a gel heel cushion in to add some padding under my heels but other than that no idea what has changed, can I get a RM sock allowance?
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Holy socks
Tee hee lol
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Holy socks
http://holysmokesbatman.com/directory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; No, he never said that one , or do you mean HOLEY? 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Holy socks

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Holy socks
No laughing matter, this is the sight greeting me as I remove my shoes almost daily, I'm running oot of socks and going to have to resort to sewing up the holes.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:

-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Holy socks
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Not worn out cheesey ones then.. they're too clean!
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Holy socks

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Holy socks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Holy socks
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Holy socks
Next time you are all hunting around your car for a cloth with your windows all misted up, I'll be sitting in my car with a glove box full of holy socks.
Waxing the car, cleaning the wheeltrims to prevent dirty finger nails, on with an old sock.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Holy socks
Have the same problem mate.
Convinced it is new anvil shoes, I am with you it is getting ridiculous a new sock allowance is a must.
No way i am voting to accept next pay deal without this new allowance or socks becoming part of uniform.
Convinced it is new anvil shoes, I am with you it is getting ridiculous a new sock allowance is a must.
No way i am voting to accept next pay deal without this new allowance or socks becoming part of uniform.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Holy socks
Sad but true....
This has become my new hobby.....
I normally do my repairs after I wake up from my afternoon nap
I normally do my repairs after I wake up from my afternoon nap
We're all here because we're not all there
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Re: Holy socks
You can turn them upside down and use again or get your mrs to sew them upjimmynailsalive wrote:No laughing matter, this is the sight greeting me as I remove my shoes almost daily, I'm running oot of socks and going to have to resort to sewing up the holes.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:![]()
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Holy socks
I'll tell you why it's happening - assuming you cut your toenails regularly, when you put those gel insoles in they raise the height of your foot and the upper edge of the toenail rubs (you can't feel the nail) the upper of the shoe. This just wears the upper part of the sock out. You don't notice it until your toe pokes through. Carry on the same with new socks, and each day hold them up to the light and you'll see I'm right, and the upper toe area is thinning. The second reason is that sometimes gel insoles slope your foot towards the front of the shoe, so toes rub more there.