ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Customer claiming missing packet.
-
lofarl
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 25 Feb 2010, 16:08
- Gender: Male
Customer claiming missing packet.
I delivered a packet to a house and Saturday. I cannot mind if it was a recorded or tracked but it needed signed for. I was walking towards the house when the woman came out a car parked in front of the house asking if I had a packet for her. I told her I did and I let her sign for it. I know fine well its the woman who lives in the house, yet today I get a phone call saying that she never signed for anything and she does not have it. So I feel she is at it. Yet it will show my location as being outside her house when I scanned it in, yet it is my word against hers. It's things like this that worry me.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Customer claiming missing packet.
As long as you didn't sign for it,don't worry about it. Probably shouldn't have let her have the item outside,but hey ho,who doesn't make mistakes. Deny everything.
-
lofarl
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 25 Feb 2010, 16:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Customer claiming missing packet.
Yes but my concern is she will say she never signed for anything and I must have gave it to someone else.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Customer claiming missing packet.
No offence but you have had trouble in the past with miss handling specials and also recorded. You have stated you were on a 2 year serious warning, you really need to keep your nose clean and not cut any corners like this as unfortunately your job potential could be on the line
-
lofarl
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 25 Feb 2010, 16:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Customer claiming missing packet.
Nope that special case years ago was confusion over dates, nothing went missing. And I won my appeal against my 2 year warning.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Customer claiming missing packet.
That's always a danger in this job but as long as you have nothing to hide I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.lofarl wrote:Yes but my concern is she will say she never signed for anything and I must have gave it to someone else.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Customer claiming missing packet.
You will possibly be asked to make a statement, you delivered it, she signed for it, end of. If RM think you are knicking stuff the IB will get you for it if you are doing it, if you aren't then don't worry about it.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Customer claiming missing packet.
If it's a signed for item, or signed for tracked item, then the tracking number should show up online with the signature, shouldn't it?
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Customer claiming missing packet.
and with Blackbay the GPS location and time can be seen. I've seen a similar claim refused personally.wabbithunta wrote:If it's a signed for item, or signed for tracked item, then the tracking number should show up online with the signature, shouldn't it?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Customer claiming missing packet.
when presented with evidence shes probably going to claim that its not her signature and just a random squiggle.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Customer claiming missing packet.
Nothing to worry about then seeing as that guy who got done for stealing a few months back had thousands of items go missing before being caught!Surreypostie wrote:You will possibly be asked to make a statement, you delivered it, she signed for it, end of. If RM think you are knicking stuff the IB will get you for it if you are doing it, if you aren't then don't worry about it.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Customer claiming missing packet.
Isn't that what I said? If you are at it then you will be caught, if you did nothing wrong don't worry.
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Customer claiming missing packet.
If you'd insisted she open the front door and stand inside her house to sign for the parcel, she would've made a complaint about that instead. Even if someone comes to the door at an address, for all you know it could be a builder, the gas man, a carer etc. It was signed for at the address on the packet, that's what you're supposed to do.
With the standard of the PDAs though that counts for nothing. I've always thought recorded and even specials were totally pointless as a security measure because the signatures never look like they should, and most people who regularly get them have clocked on and just scribble on the screen.wabbithunta wrote:If it's a signed for item, or signed for tracked item, then the tracking number should show up online with the signature, shouldn't it?