ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Select Deliveries on Saturday
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Select Deliveries on Saturday
Why do people do this,We are paid to do a job not to wilfully delay mail.When are people going to learn not to do this,always the out of the way calls on your frame on the Monday morning and no endorsements on them
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
Your office is obviously different to mine them.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
I was off last week,bloke who did mine on Saturday left some in the frame which should have gone,I had a word with him,he pleaded ignorant!
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
Ignorance or stupidity.Is it worth losing your Job for the sake of 15-20 minutes
-
lala
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
The trouble is, the management (in general terms) is p!ss poor and people know they can get away with it.mudmonster wrote:Ignorance or stupidity.Is it worth losing your Job for the sake of 15-20 minutes
Its the people who make genuine errors that they would notice doing it.
-
celerycelery
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
I'm guessing they know that there won't be a manager there past 11am on a Saturday so they can bring back what they like. Down to poor management as are most things.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
Doesn't happen in our office. The locker guy goes through the frames with a fine tooth comb.
-
celerycelery
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
So a fellow postie checks all frames are clear? Not their job and I'd be saying something as well.Jpro747 wrote:Doesn't happen in our office. The locker guy goes through the frames with a fine tooth comb.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16695
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
Whose job is it?celerycelery wrote:So a fellow postie checks all frames are clear? Not their job and I'd be saying something as well.Jpro747 wrote:Doesn't happen in our office. The locker guy goes through the frames with a fine tooth comb.
For an office losing hours, is it better to allow a manger to check the frames and save his hours, or let "the locker guy" and save one of our jobs?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Spy
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 17:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
Just Saturdays ?
I came back from annual leave on Monday 16th Feb.
3 days response service mail waiting for me as well as 4 days of redirection pouches. Not to mention other issues.
I got a bit angry as I still care about how my job is done.
As it turns out the DSM and delivery director were coming into the office that morning.
I duly informed them both and actually showed them the items which amounted to about 25 full trays and the redirection pouches. I said I would put this in an e-mail to support the previous grievance that I had actually logged 2 weeks earlier.
I've still heard nothing.
The point i'm making is it really does not matter any more what you do. If you are flavour of the month ( runner, lapser, arse licker ) you'll get away with it.
If you're not, like me, you won't.
Oops!! I think I've just given away my I.D.
I came back from annual leave on Monday 16th Feb.
3 days response service mail waiting for me as well as 4 days of redirection pouches. Not to mention other issues.
I got a bit angry as I still care about how my job is done.
As it turns out the DSM and delivery director were coming into the office that morning.
I duly informed them both and actually showed them the items which amounted to about 25 full trays and the redirection pouches. I said I would put this in an e-mail to support the previous grievance that I had actually logged 2 weeks earlier.
I've still heard nothing.
The point i'm making is it really does not matter any more what you do. If you are flavour of the month ( runner, lapser, arse licker ) you'll get away with it.
If you're not, like me, you won't.
Oops!! I think I've just given away my I.D.
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
Perhaps I didn't phrase this quite right,people actually take the whole delivery out,and then decide which calls get a delivery and bring the awkward calls back with no endorsement
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
mudmonster wrote:Perhaps I didn't phrase this quite right,people actually take the whole delivery out,and then decide which calls get a delivery and bring the awkward calls back with no endorsement
Bringing it back with a valid reason is okay. Failing to endorse got someone suspened here.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Ralph Wiggum
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
Dog at large. Simple!

-
ScottR
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 03 Feb 2015, 17:56
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
It is when the dog has been dead for six months which makes me laugh at my cover after returning after day off!Ralph Wiggum wrote:Dog at large. Simple!![]()
![]()
Knowledge is a treasure but practice is the key to it.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Select Deliveries on Saturday
I thought that one day, got to the address to be greeted by a slobbering bull mastiff who seemed quite determined to add my leg to his lunchtime menu. They'd decided they were over the old ones demise and got a new one while I was off - best of mates with it now.ScottR wrote:It is when the dog has been dead for six months which makes me laugh at my cover after returning after day off!Ralph Wiggum wrote:Dog at large. Simple!![]()
![]()
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.