ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
karchun
Posts: 131
Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 02:13
Gender: Male

taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers

Post by karchun »

So essentially I am a Saturday worker and have been working for 3+ years but last week I suffered a primary exertion headache from the gym and so I've been getting a dull headache for the past week and know that if I went on a posting job my headache will turn into a severe thunderclap type headache - I think I need a check up.. Would I still get paid?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Yes you will but this bit is very important

If your sick saturday and don't call in to say you will be back in next Saturday it will count as 7 days absence, if however you call in on Saturday morning and say you will be back in for work on your next rotad shift then it's only 1 day absence
karchun
Posts: 131
Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 02:13
Gender: Male

Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers

Post by karchun »

zx135 wrote:Yes you will but this bit is very important

If your sick saturday and don't call in to say you will be back in next Saturday it will count as 7 days absence, if however you call in on Saturday morning and say you will be back in for work on your next rotad shift then it's only 1 day absence
Oh okay cheers; the thing is, I can probably work indoors in the office to sort the mail; its just the walking pace I am worried about that will make my headache worse - think I should call it off or go in and tell them I can help sort indoors?
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers

Post by Darren Bent »

and noise and artificial lightings is not good for headaches. Walking is fine for me.
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers

Post by PHARRY »

Simple answer stop going to the gym
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16695
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers

Post by clashcityrocker »

What is a primary exertion headache anyway?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers

Post by rubberbond »

clashcityrocker wrote:What is a primary exertion headache anyway?
It is a headache brought on by tensing of the muscles,during exercise or by things like sneezing,or sex!
Our friend here should get that checked out ,as it is only supposed to last a few minutes,not all week.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers

Post by arnold cheshire »

just say you are ringing in sick for today only
karchun
Posts: 131
Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 02:13
Gender: Male

Re: taking Saturday off due to sickness - part timers

Post by karchun »

rubberbond wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:What is a primary exertion headache anyway?
It is a headache brought on by tensing of the muscles,during exercise or by things like sneezing,or sex!
Our friend here should get that checked out ,as it is only supposed to last a few minutes,not all week.
The severe headache is what lasts a few minutes (the extreme pain); but I sort of have the residual headache 5 days later; I'll probably turn up for work tomorrow and tell DOM about my condition; if they chuck me on a walk and my condition gets worse, I'll call it off next week.

Yeah, plan to book an appointment tomorrow for doctors asap - just to make sure not anerysm but unlikely as I haven't been sick or bleeding anywhere.