ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime Rate

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
nikkijcar
Posts: 5
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 20:00
Gender: Female

Overtime Rate

Post by nikkijcar »

Hi Everyone, is there anywhere online that states the pay rates? I am asking for my partner. He is currently on a part time contract (25 hours). Is overtime paid at the normal rate or is it more?

Thanks :Very Happy
answer=42
Posts: 64
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime Rate

Post by answer=42 »

Overtime is paid at SSPR, £11.60 per hour between part time hours and 39. After that the next ten hours (termed 1st 10) are at £10.47 per hour and after that it's £10.12 per hour.

I think that's right but ready to be corrected!
nikkijcar
Posts: 5
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 20:00
Gender: Female

Re: Overtime Rate

Post by nikkijcar »

Thank you :Very Happy
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime Rate

Post by baldrick »

dfubster wrote:Just to confirm I read this right, the more overtime you do, the less per hour you get paid?
Yes. :sad:
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime Rate

Post by daveyeff »

baldrick wrote:
dfubster wrote:Just to confirm I read this right, the more overtime you do, the less per hour you get paid?
Yes. :sad:
true....although I can't remember (and neither can anybody I know who works for royal mail)..ever voting for this at any point whatsoever.....who would vote for less money for doing more work.....no-one in their right mind.
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: Overtime Rate

Post by ratchet »

answer=42 wrote:Overtime is paid at SSPR, £11.60 per hour between part time hours and 39.
I think that's right but ready to be corrected!
My SSPR (Weekday Overtime) is paid @ £10.71
I am no longer a number :-)
Ricardo44
Posts: 164
Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime Rate

Post by Ricardo44 »

I'm part time and mine is also paid at £10.71 upto 39 hours.
Gold Fox
Posts: 313
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
Gender: Female

Re: Overtime Rate

Post by Gold Fox »

I get paid £10.48 per hours over time . ( I done 5 hours o/t at got paid £52.40 ).
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime Rate

Post by baldrick »

daveyeff wrote:
baldrick wrote:
dfubster wrote:Just to confirm I read this right, the more overtime you do, the less per hour you get paid?
Yes. :sad:
true....although I can't remember (and neither can anybody I know who works for royal mail)..ever voting for this at any point whatsoever.....who would vote for less money for doing more work.....no-one in their right mind.
It was part of the Way Forward Agreement 2000, which unfortunately was voted in by a small majority iirc.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime Rate

Post by daveyeff »

utter madness
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Overtime Rate

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

baldrick wrote:
daveyeff wrote:
baldrick wrote:
dfubster wrote:Just to confirm I read this right, the more overtime you do, the less per hour you get paid?
Yes. :sad:
true....although I can't remember (and neither can anybody I know who works for royal mail)..ever voting for this at any point whatsoever.....who would vote for less money for doing more work.....no-one in their right mind.
It was part of the Way Forward Agreement 2000, which unfortunately was voted in by a small majority iirc.
You do according to the Sawyer Report
The overall majority in favour of the Way Forward in the February 2000 ballot
was very small; and in many Areas and workplaces a majority voted against it.
http://www.ocp.co.uk/_Attachments/Resources/235_S4.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Overtime Rate

Post by baldrick »

Yep, there was about 1,200 vote majority out of a total vote of over 100,000.