ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
twisted_racer
Posts: 9
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 23:42
Gender: Female

Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by twisted_racer »

Its after 4am I have got norovirus. I'm in bed with crippling pain and along with dealing with the perks of noro.I have a problem. Im due to start at 7.35am. I would phone the sick line if 1) I wasn't deaf. (Yes I requested email address last week when I first started and they failed to supply me this) 2) I live just outside of town that means I get zero service. 3) I would jump in the car and drive to a area that could get signal to phone if 4) I could control my bodily functions again I'd be stuck as a result of 1)

Does anyone know where to find a direct email address directly to the Inverness branch?

TIA
heapsy
Posts: 2972
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
Gender: Male
Location: Drinking with Gangsters

Re: ADVICE FOR NEW POSTIES

Post by heapsy »

If you work at Railway Terrace the number is 020 3451 2688. In our office we all have the line managers mobile number. They sometimes contact us at shorty notice to do overtime, so it pays to have the number
heapsy
Posts: 2972
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
Gender: Male
Location: Drinking with Gangsters

Re: ADVICE FOR NEW POSTIES

Post by heapsy »

Strothers lane is 01463 256211
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Why didn't you call in sick or inform them when you went to the doctors?
cazspence
Posts: 78
Joined: 05 Nov 2011, 06:28
Gender: Female
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by cazspence »

The op has said they are deaf, so phone numbers are really of no use?
heapsy
Posts: 2972
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
Gender: Male
Location: Drinking with Gangsters

Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by heapsy »

cazspence wrote:The op has said they are deaf, so phone numbers are really of no use?
That's why I also posted further up about having the line managers mobile number. A text message would help to sort the situation out.
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by glenfiddich »

dont think he's got a mobile signal either
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by Bahia Feliz »

glenfiddich wrote:dont think he's got a mobile signal either
Gender: Female
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by DGP1 »

Sorry but you should have a land line if you have internet.........use that to contact your office.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by Postie45 »

DGP1 wrote:Sorry but you should have a land line if you have internet.........use that to contact your office.
that isnt actually true
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by janitor »

DGP1 wrote:Sorry but you should have a land line if you have internet.........use that to contact your office.
Mobile phones now have Internet, sim in a tablet, dongle on laptop, all provide Internet without a landline in sight, also if she is deaf landline might not be of a great deal of help anyway, unless it's a specially adapted one.
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by tonytucker »

twisted_racer wrote:Its after 4am I have got norovirus. I'm in bed with crippling pain and along with dealing with the perks of noro.I have a problem. Im due to start at 7.35am. I would phone the sick line if 1) I wasn't deaf. (Yes I requested email address last week when I first started and they failed to supply me this) 2) I live just outside of town that means I get zero service. 3) I would jump in the car and drive to a area that could get signal to phone if 4) I could control my bodily functions again I'd be stuck as a result of 1)

Does anyone know where to find a direct email address directly to the Inverness branch?

TIA
Write them a letter
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
heapsy
Posts: 2972
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
Gender: Male
Location: Drinking with Gangsters

Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by heapsy »

tonytucker wrote:
twisted_racer wrote:Its after 4am I have got norovirus. I'm in bed with crippling pain and along with dealing with the perks of noro.I have a problem. Im due to start at 7.35am. I would phone the sick line if 1) I wasn't deaf. (Yes I requested email address last week when I first started and they failed to supply me this) 2) I live just outside of town that means I get zero service. 3) I would jump in the car and drive to a area that could get signal to phone if 4) I could control my bodily functions again I'd be stuck as a result of 1)

Does anyone know where to find a direct email address directly to the Inverness branch?

TIA
Write them a letter
:roll: I think she might be over it by the time it arrives.
heapsy
Posts: 2972
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
Gender: Male
Location: Drinking with Gangsters

Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by heapsy »

cazspence wrote:The op has said they are deaf, so phone numbers are really of no use?
You can send text messages to landlines.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Its after 4am I have got norovirus

Post by Darren Bent »

You could also text a friend at work to let him/her inform the manager.