ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
how to enjoy your day better
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
how to enjoy your day better
Last edited by spiderj on 23 Mar 2015, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
I won
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: how to enjoy your day better
Good on you and stick to your guns.
Its not easy though as I have found your own work colleges may give you just as much (if not more) harassment as a manager.
Its not easy though as I have found your own work colleges may give you just as much (if not more) harassment as a manager.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: how to enjoy your day better
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: how to enjoy your day better
How long is your duty span?
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: how to enjoy your day better
Last edited by spiderj on 23 Mar 2015, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
I won
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16693
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: how to enjoy your day better
Five hour day = 30 minute break.spiderj wrote:
So five hour duty=20 minutes break
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: how to enjoy your day better
Thanks clash,i ll download the break schedule to my phone for Thursday.
I won
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: how to enjoy your day better
spiderj wrote:Meant to be 4.5 hours outside and another 30 split from tying at start and pouching at end.
So five hour duty=20 minutes break
As my break was interrupted in the do,that reset the clock, and lino advised I could take it outside
I did....20 minutes sitting at a bus stop.
I've now requested clarification in writing about the breaks.
I'm not being difficult for the same of it,but simply must stop the attempts at bullying and intimidation whenever I turn down overtime.
In that case for a 5 hour duty span it's not actually illegal for your dom to tell you to take the break at the end of your shift, it may be against agreements with the union but not illegal
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: how to enjoy your day better
Thank u
I re read it and edited post.
I re read it and edited post.
Last edited by spiderj on 11 Feb 2015, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
I won
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
Re: how to enjoy your day better
Even if he wanted to take it at the end, it still leaves the same amount of time as taking it in the middle. The break shouldn't take you past time, so if the DOM wants it that way, cut off and be ready to sign out 30 mins before time.zx135 wrote:spiderj wrote:Meant to be 4.5 hours outside and another 30 split from tying at start and pouching at end.
So five hour duty=20 minutes break
As my break was interrupted in the do,that reset the clock, and lino advised I could take it outside
I did....20 minutes sitting at a bus stop.
I've now requested clarification in writing about the breaks.
I'm not being difficult for the same of it,but simply must stop the attempts at bullying and intimidation whenever I turn down overtime.
In that case for a 5 hour duty span it's not actually illegal for your dom to tell you to take the break at the end of your shift, it may be against agreements with the union but not illegal
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: how to enjoy your day better
All I will say is if you play with fire don't be surprised if you get burned.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: how to enjoy your day better
I'm not naive
What's the worst that could happen?
Sacked?
I've dealt with worse in my life as have most folk.
If I don't challenge the behaviour,how could I face myself in the mirror?
Yet I'm also understand why the majority in our do dont take breaks and work overtime for free.
Fear
I'm not afraid of losing my job anymore,I've been threatened too many times already in this job.
And that's it
Its just a job.
What's the worst that could happen?
Sacked?
I've dealt with worse in my life as have most folk.
If I don't challenge the behaviour,how could I face myself in the mirror?
Yet I'm also understand why the majority in our do dont take breaks and work overtime for free.
Fear
I'm not afraid of losing my job anymore,I've been threatened too many times already in this job.
And that's it
Its just a job.
I won
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Re: how to enjoy your day better
the union better back him big time now, what an opportunity to show all other OPG's doing the job properly can be less stressful!!!
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: how to enjoy your day better
Apologies zx,I downloaded and re read the directive.hat off to you,I was wrong.I'll discuss with management when the break is but I'll take the full half hour so I'll only be working four and a half.zx135 wrote:spiderj wrote:Meant to be 4.5 hours outside and another 30 split from tying at start and pouching at end.
So five hour duty=20 minutes break
As my break was interrupted in the do,that reset the clock, and lino advised I could take it outside
I did....20 minutes sitting at a bus stop.
I've now requested clarification in writing about the breaks.
I'm not being difficult for the same of it,but simply must stop the attempts at bullying and intimidation whenever I turn down overtime.
In that case for a 5 hour duty span it's not actually illegal for your dom to tell you to take the break at the end of your shift, it may be against agreements with the union but not illegal
I won
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: how to enjoy your day better
Last edited by spiderj on 23 Mar 2015, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
I won