Hi.
Ive been told that as I'm on a P/T 25 hr week contract and acting as a floater/reserve that I'm not entitled to a Saturday off and must be book off on annual leave if I want it off.
However....I was told in the interview and induction that when every 6 weeks it will come round you will get a Saturday off and the subsequent Monday using the rotating rest day method.
Which is right?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Saturdays off for floaters/reserves????
-
slinder123
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
- Gender: Female
Re: Saturdays off for floaters/reserves????
you are entitled to one every six weeks dont let them tell you otherwise . they try it on with you cant have it because we are short bollox 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturdays off for floaters/reserves????
It depends.fcuts wrote:Hi.
Ive been told that as I'm on a P/T 25 hr week contract and acting as a floater/reserve that I'm not entitled to a Saturday off and must be book off on annual leave if I want it off.
However....I was told in the interview and induction that when every 6 weeks it will come round you will get a Saturday off and the subsequent Monday using the rotating rest day method.
Which is right?
Interviewers are notorious bullshitters and will tell you anything, one of the most common used to be "you'll be made up to full-time within a month".
It will depend on what your contract states, some staff in our office were taken on recently with specific work patterns that included working every saturday. Check your contract and speak to the local CWU rep if you're a member.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Mr_Pink
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturdays off for floaters/reserves????
All our new-starts are on weds-sat contractsfishtank wrote:It will depend on what your contract states, some staff in our office were taken on recently with specific work patterns that included working every saturday. Check your contract and speak to the local CWU rep if you're a member.
-
trythat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36
Re: Saturdays off for floaters/reserves????
Below text is taken from 'Outdoor Department Monthly E-Bulletin ISSUE 32 JANUARY 2015' not sure where you find it on the CWU site, as we are emailed it by branch. So my reading of this is unless your contract specifically states you work Saturday, then you are entitled to it. This is what I always expect in our DO any way.
Q . I am a reserve in my delivery office - am I
entitled to the same amount of Saturdays off as my
colleagues who hold regular duties - my manager
says that it does not apply to us?
A. Yes you are entitled to the same amount. The
BT2010 Agreement makes it clear that the duty
arrangements agreed in your unit includes reserves
too. You should keep a record of how often you get
a Saturday off/long weekend and contact your local
rep if it falls below that of your colleagues who hold
regular duties.
Q . I am a reserve in my delivery office - am I
entitled to the same amount of Saturdays off as my
colleagues who hold regular duties - my manager
says that it does not apply to us?
A. Yes you are entitled to the same amount. The
BT2010 Agreement makes it clear that the duty
arrangements agreed in your unit includes reserves
too. You should keep a record of how often you get
a Saturday off/long weekend and contact your local
rep if it falls below that of your colleagues who hold
regular duties.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Saturdays off for floaters/reserves????
You can sign up to receive the Outdoor Department Monthly E-Bulletin by
providing your name, membership number, workplace and email address to
Outdoorsecretary@cwu.org
providing your name, membership number, workplace and email address to
Outdoorsecretary@cwu.org
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturdays off for floaters/reserves????
Only if you're on a duty that lands on that weekendfcuts wrote:Hi.
Ive been told that as I'm on a P/T 25 hr week contract and acting as a floater/reserve that I'm not entitled to a Saturday off and must be book off on annual leave if I want it off.
However....I was told in the interview and induction that when every 6 weeks it will come round you will get a Saturday off and the subsequent Monday using the rotating rest day method.
Which is right?
One week you maybe on a duty that is Wednesday off and then on a different duty the following week with the Wednesday off. Luck of the draw
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Saturdays off for floaters/reserves????
It all depend on the working rota and plans off your delivery office workplace and contract.