ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uniform

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Acquiring Additional Uniform

Post by rubberbond »

Does any one know how to obtain additional uniform? I have tried online,on the phone,get my manager to ring, all we keep getting is that it is over my allocation. I desperately need some blue shirts, but it would appear I have more chance of finding a dog that speaks Norwegian. Anyone got any ideas?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16693
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Acquiring Additional Uniform

Post by clashcityrocker »

At the end of the online form is a space for comments.
It is at this point you need to convince the uniform allocation manager that you need new uniform.
If you don't fill it in, you don't get.
A remark that "looking like a scarecrow is not in line with the current business standards" might get you some new shirts.

Better still, look on ebay.
Sometimes they have real shirts and not that awful unisex blouse currently on offer.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Acquiring Additional Uniform

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I recently got a full allocation of new shirts by as Clash suggests typing in comments. Frayed and stained. 2 working days later 5 brand new shirts turned up at my frame.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Uniform

Post by rubberbond »

Any one know how to get uniform over their allocation? I have tried online,on the telephone,getting my manager to ring, all I get is that it is over my allocation. I need some more blue shirts, however it would appear that I have more chance of finding a dog that speaks Norwegian. Anyone got any ideas?
secluder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 40
Joined: 30 Aug 2009, 10:59
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform

Post by secluder »

Ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-royal-mail- ... 3cf1f117ff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not blue...
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16693
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Uniform

Post by clashcityrocker »

At the end of the online form is a space for comments.
It is at this point you need to convince the uniform allocation manager that you need new uniform.
If you don't fill it in, you don't get.
A remark that "looking like a scarecrow is not in line with the current business standards" might get you some new shirts.

Better still, look on ebay.
Sometimes they have real shirts and not that awful unisex blouse currently on offer.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16693
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Uniform

Post by clashcityrocker »

Re: Acquiring Additional Uniform
Postby TrueBlueTerrier » 17 minutes ago

I recently got a full allocation of new shirts by as Clash suggests typing in comments. Frayed and stained. 2 working days later 5 brand new shirts turned up at my frame.


Did you forget where you posted the question the first time?
For some reason it is in Privatisation/Shares/
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
secluder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 40
Joined: 30 Aug 2009, 10:59
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform

Post by secluder »

clashcityrocker wrote:A remark that "looking like a scarecrow is not in line with the current business standards" might get you some new shirts.
Love it!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Uniform

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

2 threads merged
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
plaguelift
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform

Post by plaguelift »

rubberbond wrote:Any one know how to get uniform over their allocation? I have tried online,on the telephone,getting my manager to ring, all I get is that it is over my allocation. I need some more blue shirts, however it would appear that I have more chance of finding a dog that speaks Norwegian. Anyone got any ideas?
Dunno about uniform, but I've got a Jack Russell that speaks Norwegian.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Uniform

Post by maisymoo04 »

Depends if your dim likes you ? :nervous iv u ask him he should just order them for you under his authority . my god there is some w@@@@ managers out there :arrrghhh
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12179
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform

Post by SpacePhoenix »

maisymoo04 wrote:Depends if your dim likes you ? :nervous iv u ask him he should just order them for you under his authority . my god there is some w@@@@ managers out there :arrrghhh
DIMs/DOMs/Shift Managers/MCMs can't authorise anything, it's some manager somewhere else that authorises stuff
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform

Post by rubberbond »

clashcityrocker wrote:Re: Acquiring Additional Uniform
Postby TrueBlueTerrier » 17 minutes ago

I recently got a full allocation of new shirts by as Clash suggests typing in comments. Frayed and stained. 2 working days later 5 brand new shirts turned up at my frame.


Did you forget where you posted the question the first time?
For some reason it is in Privatisation/Shares/
Yes I did! Thanks for the merge,wondered where it went! :Very Happy
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Uniform

Post by rubberbond »

plaguelift wrote:
rubberbond wrote:Any one know how to get uniform over their allocation? I have tried online,on the telephone,getting my manager to ring, all I get is that it is over my allocation. I need some more blue shirts, however it would appear that I have more chance of finding a dog that speaks Norwegian. Anyone got any ideas?
Dunno about uniform, but I've got a Jack Russell that speaks Norwegian.
Now that is awesome!