ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Medical redeployment
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Medical redeployment
I'm on the verge of either ihr or medical redeployment I'm hoping for the latter. I've been told that my career as a delivery postie is over due to continuous problems with my knee so my Dom is sending emails out trying to find alternative offices who have indoor work I could transfer too this looks likely to be working nights I just wondered what does a night shift consist of in a sorting office?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Medical redeployment
depend,s on what you are capable of doing. atos wil guide you the best of whats available I presume you will not be available for a w.house duty so probably sitting sorting letters or flats would be best for you if unable to do any heavy lifting.kirstyx wrote:I'm on the verge of either ihr or medical redeployment I'm hoping for the latter. I've been told that my career as a delivery postie is over due to continuous problems with my knee so my Dom is sending emails out trying to find alternative offices who have indoor work I could transfer too this looks likely to be working nights I just wondered what does a night shift consist of in a sorting office?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12180
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Medical redeployment
How far is it from where you live to the nearest MC? If it's not too far then maybe a transfer to the MC is a possibility (if they're not cutting hours out)
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Medical redeployment
SpacePhoenix wrote:How far is it from where you live to the nearest MC? If it's not too far then maybe a transfer to the MC is a possibility (if they're not cutting hours out)
I'm doing my normal amount of hours 30 hour contract but am unable to walk for longer than 2 hours despite months of physio and injections and there is no surgical fix for me either. The nearest mail centre to me is Bristol which is over 50 miles from me so that's not an option for me. My Dom has found a office that does night shifts and that's where our sequenced mail comes from so waiting to hear if there's anything suitable for me there
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Medical redeployment
well my DOM called me in today to say he's 'been 'advised' to re-refer me to atos for ihr...i argued straight away...said im NOT going. they've already got my atos report which clearly states that im under dda (equality) and adjustments have to be made to my duty to accommodate me. (leaving in 1 loop of 40 mins). I said you just want to keep referring me till you get the report that suits you so you can get me out the door. was straight on to the branch when I got in and they said they are bang out of order and are breaking the law. they are sending a report to div-rep....caring employer...happy days 
-
westham000
- Posts: 106
- Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 18:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Medical redeployment
Sorry to hear about your ill health . It could happen to anyone, but for the grace of god!
A postman at my office had 3 operations on his knee been with a Royal Mail 13 years. Told by his consultant would not be able to continue as a Postie. Asked the DOM for a transfer to a MC less then 8 miles away, told their was no vacancies and gave him IHR. I think the rules are as long as the business makes an effort to find a position within the company then they are covered. However, you only have your DOMS word that they have tried! In my opinion it is a cheap way of getting rid of people. Good luck, and ask the union to also check out suitable vacancies on your behalf . Before the business forces you out.
A postman at my office had 3 operations on his knee been with a Royal Mail 13 years. Told by his consultant would not be able to continue as a Postie. Asked the DOM for a transfer to a MC less then 8 miles away, told their was no vacancies and gave him IHR. I think the rules are as long as the business makes an effort to find a position within the company then they are covered. However, you only have your DOMS word that they have tried! In my opinion it is a cheap way of getting rid of people. Good luck, and ask the union to also check out suitable vacancies on your behalf . Before the business forces you out.
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Medical redeployment
Thanks for the wishes I appreciate it. Im desperate to stay with rm i think I may have had a head injury at some point lol.my dom has surprised me at how understanding he has been I was in the office with him when he sent the email across im just waiting for the reply. I have been told to raise the issue of the equality act and qualifying for that fingers crossed it works out for me.